ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Proof of Postage - Click and Drop at DO

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
jayp7541

Proof of Postage - Click and Drop at DO

Post by jayp7541 »

If I get my labels printed at the DO, how do I get proof of postage ?

When I print my own labels the bottom part of the label printout is a certificate i tear off and that gets stamped.

I know if I take a parcel to a PO, they print a receipt. Should I expect the same at the DO ?

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Proof of Postage - Click and Drop at DO

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

You would need someone who works in a callers office to see this post to be able to answer this. As there are very few of them on this site I would suggest contacting @royalmailhelp on twitter to get an official ruling.

I do know you used to be able to get proof of acceptance at the counter, but that was a handwritten note when I last worked in there 10 years ago.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
somekindofnature

Post by somekindofnature »

When I've dropped off at a Delivery Office, they haven't provided a receipt. But I understand that if you fill in a Bulk Certificate of Posting form and bring it with you, they'll stamp it and it'll work as your proof of postage.

There are two different designs of form, depending on what service you're using. Details:
https://business.help.royalmail.com/app ... of-posting

It sounds like your slip would work in the same way.
jayp7541

Post by jayp7541 »

somekindofnature wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 10:35
When I've dropped off at a Delivery Office, they haven't provided a receipt. But I understand that if you fill in a Bulk Certificate of Posting form and bring it with you, they'll stamp it and it'll work as your proof of postage.

There are two different designs of form, depending on what service you're using. Details:
https://business.help.royalmail.com/app ... of-posting

It sounds like your slip would work in the same way.
Thanks for the replies.

The slip I have only gets printed if I print the labels. Which means I need to be by a printer to purchase postage. If I can buy click and drop without having to print the label myself it saves me needing access to a printer.

I may just have to use the bulk certificate of posting, and keep a few blank copies of it with me instead.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

When I have handed Tracked items into the local DO, they scan the barcode straightaway so it shows as accepted into the RM network. I assume that would be classed as POP as far as RM are concerned.