ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel to US still hasn’t left Langley a week later!

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
BobaHoe

Parcel to US still hasn’t left Langley a week later!

Post by BobaHoe »

I’ve been waiting for it to depart but still nothing. I only just remembered that I put some sweets and Jaffa cakes in it which I forgot to declare. Could that be a cause to the problem?

jotrefusis

Re: Parcel to US still hasn’t left Langley a week later!

Post by jotrefusis »

I'm in the same position as you - my US bound parcel (containing a book and a DVD) has also apparently been stuck at Langley (or in the ether between Langley, UK customs and US customs) since last Sunday -so 9 days with no updates. I'm thinking that there must be a backlog affecting things, but am becoming increasingly worried it has been lost. I'd be surprised if the kind of items in your parcel would cause a delay - I would have thoughts that baked goods and sweets would be fine (although I know nothing about these things)...
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

When you say it hasn't left Langley, what *exactly* is the tracking information?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

BobaHoe wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:48
I’ve been waiting for it to depart but still nothing. I only just remembered that I put some sweets and Jaffa cakes in it which I forgot to declare. Could that be a cause to the problem?
I think you've possibly fallen foul of the rules:

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... guides/usa
Can I send it to the USA?
There are some restrictions on what you can post to America. Check our handy guide:
Food & Drink

When you send food to the US – commercially or as a gift – you must attach a Prior Notice of Imported Foods. See ‘Information for business senders’ for more details. However, you do not need to do this for food ‘prepared at home and sent as a gift’.
BobaHoe

Post by BobaHoe »

Snaggletooth wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 06:46
When you say it hasn't left Langley, what *exactly* is the tracking information?
It says

“In transit

We have received your item at *HWDC*, our international processing centre. Your item is being prepared for despatch overseas”
BobaHoe

Post by BobaHoe »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 07:02
BobaHoe wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:48
I think you've possibly fallen foul of the rules:

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... guides/usa
Can I send it to the USA?
There are some restrictions on what you can post to America. Check our handy guide:
Food & Drink

When you send food to the US – commercially or as a gift – you must attach a Prior Notice of Imported Foods. See ‘Information for business senders’ for more details. However, you do not need to do this for food ‘prepared at home and sent as a gift’.
That is what I’m worried about. What happens then? Would they not return the items or update the tracking :sad:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

They will send it to the National Returns Centre which has the authority to open and check items, then they will dispose of it or return it to sender based on their rules. But if it passes muster at the border it will be sent on. But there are delays in USPS as per my 2 posts in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=101861
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
BobaHoe

Post by BobaHoe »

Would they dispose of the entire parcel? :sad: Really hoping they’d do the return option
BobaHoe

Post by BobaHoe »

UPDATE

Package rescanned at Heathrow and left a couple of hours later! Wonder what happened to it