ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Question about redelivery attempt

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
RX-78-02

Question about redelivery attempt

Post by RX-78-02 »

Dear members of the royal mail chat forum, I would like to know if you could give me any tips:
Here is my situation I sent a tracked letter from France to the conway van gelder grant agency for fanmail.(The agency's office are currently open and still gladly accept fanmail, I checked it before sending my letter)

However my letter was not delivered due to the fact that it was attempted at 7 AM while the office was still closed. (I don't know why the letter was not put in a mailbox I guess the envelope was too big for it). As I would like to order a redelivery (considering it extremely unlikely that the people who work at the agency would be charitable enough to go to the local post office to retrieve my mere letter), I do not know what to do since I do not have the "we have got something for you" red card.
Should I fill out in the item box the same tracking numbers that I have got?

I already tried to order a redelivery for today morning but I guess it was unsuccesful despite the fact that I received the confirmation email.
Also is there a way to precise to royal mail that my letter should not be delivered up until 10 AM due to the company's opening hours?
Thank you very much for your kind help, I wish you a very good evening and as english is not my native language, I apologize for any language errors.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Question about redelivery attempt

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Can you post the tracking number? It's very unusual for any deliveries to be made at 07:00 these days unless it's a bulk delivery direct from a mail centre
RX-78-02

Post by RX-78-02 »

Thank you for your answer here is the tracking number LX080005327FR
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

RX-78-02 wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 19:26

Should I fill out in the item box the same tracking numbers that I have got?
That's about the only way to do it but you need to select a specific day. Looking at the tracking it looks like the redelivery request was not successful. A request would normally appear in the tracking. I think you may also need the address and/or post code when completing the request.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
RX-78-02

Post by RX-78-02 »

Thank you so much for your answer. I filled out the redelivery sheet online but I don't understand where I have made a mistake. I am sure to have the correct name, adress ,post code and day of delivery , would it be possible for the tracking number not to be the same as the item number requested?
RX-78-02

Post by RX-78-02 »

I just checked out the form and I am about 100% sure to have filled out the correct information including the item number.
I booked another redelivery yesterday. I received the confirmation email, however I can't see anything new on the tracking status.
I am afraid that there might be a malfunction somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Unfortunately, Royal mail did not answer my emails and I can't manage to call them due to the fact that I am in France and my service provider won't allow me to call professional phone numbers in the UK.
Would someone have a tip on how to reach them abroad , preferrably by phone ?
Thank you for your kind help.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

on Monday if you have twitter try @royalmailhelp.

Don't send the tracking number unless you do it in a Direct Message.

They may be online now but not sure.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
RX-78-02

Post by RX-78-02 »

Thank you I'll do that.
Have a great day.