ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Freepost DWP SSMG?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
mahrm1

Freepost DWP SSMG?

Post by mahrm1 »

Hi all,

I hope someone who works at Royal Mail can advice please.

I sent an application to this address below. How would it be treated, 1st class or 2nd class?

‘Freepost DWP SSMG’

Thank you all for looking at my post.

:thumbup

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Freepost DWP SSMG?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Neither.

Freepost is treated completely differently to 1st or 2nd class mail and there are different processes that take place.

However, it would normally be delivered in about 3 - 5 days dependant on the arrangements put in place by the receiver. (ie direct daily delivery, or regular collection)

Also, some departments within DWP have extra processes in place for Royal Mail which could either add to or reduce the delivery time.

In effect, Freepost delivery speed depends on a lot of factors so there isn't one generic answer to your question.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."