ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel stuck at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
briancha

Re: Parcel stuck at Langley HWDC

Post by briancha »

Hi,
I’ve just joined this forum and I’d appreciate some advice / help. I’ve read the general advice on tracking relative to Langley HWDC.
I need help on a parcel being sent from UK to me in Sydney Australia with tracking number RV171982698GB .
According to Royal Mail tracking, my item is marked as “Item leaving the UK” since 17th July (ie. 15 days at Langley HWDC). I understand that there are likely delays due to fewer aircraft due to COVID 19 but wondered if this sounds like a normal delay to Australia and whether the delay is likely to be much longer. I’d like to identify if something is causing the delay, like incomplete customs form or other. I want to avoid the item being returned to the sender in the UK, if there is a problem that I can resolve. I have noticed that the the tracking number does not appear yet in Australia Post’s tracking. ===>
https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search

By way of comparison I also have another item that is also at Langley ..... LP291555175GB but it does appear in Australia Post tracking.
Any help / advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Update...one day later....I received RV171982698GB in Australia tonight, even though Royal Mail tracking status is unchanged...ie “Item leaving UK”....👍👍....For the information of other folks who have stuff allegedly stuck at Langley.
Last edited by briancha on 02 Aug 2021, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

Immylatif

Post by Immylatif »

Hi, I am similarly waiting for an item - I contacted your CS this morning and I was told there is no possible way at all to ever locate an item in the sorting office - is this really the case? It appears you were able to help someone else on here, so posting with hope you might be able to at least tell me if I should consider the item lost. It is of high sentimental value and so cannot be replaced.

The tracking ID is RB064457986PK

Thanks in Advance
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Immylatif wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 12:59
Hi, I am similarly waiting for an item - I contacted your CS this morning and I was told there is no possible way at all to ever locate an item in the sorting office - is this really the case? It appears you were able to help someone else on here, so posting with hope you might be able to at least tell me if I should consider the item lost. It is of high sentimental value and so cannot be replaced.

Thanks in Advance
Saturday 17 July 2021
06:14 Item Received LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom
06:14 Item at UK customs LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom
Friday 09 July 2021
09:03 Item Leaving overseas Pakistan
I've never seen an item received at customs scan at HWDC before which makes me wonder if all items will be scanned when they get handed over to customs.

What part of the country is it going to? Some delivery offices have lost a load of staff to being pinged by the covid app, so some offices might have a backlog.
Immylatif

Post by Immylatif »

I am between Reading and Heathrow, so pretty closeby - I think you might be right about the backlog, I think I read soemone saying they waited three weeks after it arrived in uk, so I will give it until at least middle of August.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Immylatif wrote:
Hi, I am similarly waiting for an item - I contacted your CS this morning and I was told there is no possible way at all to ever locate an item in the sorting office - is this really the case?
For HWDC/Customs its is virtually impossible just the Royal Mail part is a huge building

Immylatif wrote:
It appears you were able to help someone else on here, so posting with hope you might be able to at least tell me if I should consider the item lost. It is of high sentimental value and so cannot be replaced.

Thanks in Advance
Lost - no. Some items are coming out after 4 weeks or more, 2 weeks in Customs is unusual but certainly not rare.

Also, the tracking updates would depend on the service used. Some get scanned from point to point in the UK, others don't. If it's one of the latter it may be progressing without any updates. I wouldn't consider it lost for quite some time yet.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
FaithErin24

Post by FaithErin24 »

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could have some advice on a package that has been stuck at Langley since December? The package was coming from Turkey and I had updates right up until arriving at Langley. According to the Royal Mail site, the tracking still says "We've got it" and since then, there's been nothing...no card to say that there's a customs charge or anything. Given how long it has been, I asked the seller to look into it on their end, to which they said that UK customs seems to have accepted it but they suspect that it has been lost. I am unsure as to what to do next or whether it is worth contacting Royal Mail to file a claim or see if they can look into it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What was the contents, was it anything that could have been refused entry by customs?
Immylatif

Post by Immylatif »

Thank you for all your help and replies - literally the day after I posted this, the parcel arrived! Very happy, as it has great sentimental value for me

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 08:54
Immylatif wrote:
Hi, I am similarly waiting for an item - I contacted your CS this morning and I was told there is no possible way at all to ever locate an item in the sorting office - is this really the case?
For HWDC/Customs its is virtually impossible just the Royal Mail part is a huge building

Immylatif wrote:
It appears you were able to help someone else on here, so posting with hope you might be able to at least tell me if I should consider the item lost. It is of high sentimental value and so cannot be replaced.

Thanks in Advance
Lost - no. Some items are coming out after 4 weeks or more, 2 weeks in Customs is unusual but certainly not rare.

Also, the tracking updates would depend on the service used. Some get scanned from point to point in the UK, others don't. If it's one of the latter it may be progressing without any updates. I wouldn't consider it lost for quite some time yet.
Mad murph

Post by Mad murph »

Hi, I have a parcel stuck at Heathrow since 19th July.
Is this a normal amount of time for it to be there?
Benjy1044

Post by Benjy1044 »

Mad murph wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 19:52
Hi, I have a parcel stuck at Heathrow since 19th July.
Is this a normal amount of time for it to be there?
I believe at the moment that is quite normal (delays, pingdemic and lots of other things)

Weird question, Does your parcel appear on the royal mail website, I have a parcel currently at Langley, That says on "track-chinapost.com" that it is in Langley, And royalmail.com says it is in china.
Mad murph

Post by Mad murph »

It’s from the US and on USPS tracking it says departed Heathrow but on RM just says we can’t identify status of your package
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Benjy1044 wrote:
08 Aug 2021, 21:45
Weird question, Does your parcel appear on the royal mail website, I have a parcel currently at Langley, That says on "track-chinapost.com" that it is in Langley, And royalmail.com says it is in china.
Some postal services track the parcel as it comes off the plane and goes into customs, however Royal Mail's tracking site doesn't always recognise that tracking information. Royal Mail don't handle the items until after they have left customs.
Benjy1044

Post by Benjy1044 »

Snaggletooth wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 06:54
Some postal services track the parcel as it comes off the plane and goes into customs, however Royal Mail's tracking site doesn't always recognise that tracking information. Royal Mail don't handle the items until after they have left customs.
Okay, thats great to know. RoyalMail CS has just been telling me its still in china when I had contacted, guess I now play the forget about it and have a nice suprise somewhere down the line game
Mandan86

Post by Mandan86 »

Hello.
Sorry to bother you with this but I to have a package stranded at Langley but the tracking info keeps switching back and forth between customs and we've got it.i was just wondering if thats normal?
The number is LT926031407NL I would be very grateful if someone could help me?thank you so much
Benjy1044

Post by Benjy1044 »

Mandan86 wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 00:21
Hello.
Sorry to bother you with this but I to have a package stranded at Langley but the tracking info keeps switching back and forth between customs and we've got it.i was just wondering if thats normal?
The number is LT926031407NL I would be very grateful if someone could help me?thank you so much
From what I can tell it passed customs on the 30th, and should be on its way to you, Depending on the value you may get a gray card.