ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM GPS tracking proof of delivery?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
DCU51

RM GPS tracking proof of delivery?

Post by DCU51 »

In dispute with Boots.com - they say we had a delivery and RM sent text saying parcel delivered 22/07/21 at 9.10 am. However both cctv which covers all around house and road shows no trace of any post person / van. Only normal post delivery ( which included a 24hour delivery package) at 10.20am. How inaccurate can the RM GPS tracking be?? Anyone know?

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: RM GPS tracking proof of delivery?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DCU51 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 18:06
In dispute with Boots.com - they say we had a delivery and RM sent text saying parcel delivered 22/07/21 at 9.10 am. However both cctv which covers all around house and road shows no trace of any post person / van. Only normal post delivery ( which included a 24hour delivery package) at 10.20am. How inaccurate can the RM GPS tracking be?? Anyone know?
Like most GPS It depends on the signal but generally, it's accurate to a few feet.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
DCU51

Post by DCU51 »

Interesting, so someone is actually lying - either in Boots.com or at RM? There is no way the RM gps shows delivery within at least 50 metres of my property! My cctv coverage shows nothing!
DCU51

Post by DCU51 »

Interesting, so someone is actually lying - either in Boots.com or at RM? There is no way the RM gps shows delivery within at least 50 metres of my property! My cctv coverage shows nothing!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Managers, and have access to the GPs details (but not posties).

It's possible that Boots have taken Royal Mail tracking as sacrosanct, it's not. I would ask Boots to investigate further with the Royal Mail and see if they have a dispute resolution service. But I would also double-check with the local delivery office as it's possible that the postie could have delivered to an incorrect address, after all, we are all capable of making mistakes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."