ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel sent with invalid postcode

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
ashe

Parcel sent with invalid postcode

Post by ashe »

Hi,

I recently sold an item on eBay and bought Royal Mail postage directly on eBay (2nd class signed for).

The buyer contacted me to say it hasn't turned up, but when looking, I noticed nothing turns up on a postcode search. It looks like one of the letters in the first part of the postcode has been missed out by the buyer. The last tracking status shown is being received by the local delivery office, and is currently a week late.

Just wondering what I can expect or do if an item has been sent with an incorrect postcode. Might it find its way there eventually, or how long might it take to be returned, and how might it affect any lost item claim?

Thank you.

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Parcel sent with invalid postcode

Post by POSTMAN »

Depending on what letter is missing it will still get there, what was the wrong and correct postcode?
The fact is has ended up at the delivery offices is a good thing, and may now just be in a backlog.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ashe

Post by ashe »

Thanks - from what I can tell, they look to have just written N instead of NP at the start of the postcode, though it did take me a fair bit of searching to figure out what it should have been, based on the rest of the address. In case any confusion, by local delivery office I meant my local delivery office, no updates showing after that.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

2nd class signed for isn't a tracked service so there won't be an update till delivery is attempted.

Unfortunately, the N Postcode covers 22 different areas so it's possible it's circulating those offices till someone recognises the address. However, as N is in London and NP is in Wales that's unlikely.

Unless Newport is included in the address on the parcel it may never turn up. If it does have Newport and/or the local district then it should turn up eventually, but given the size of the 2 postcode areas, it could take some time.

It looks like the customer is the one that made the mistake, but I would always recommend checking the postcode. https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode to make sure it gets there.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."