ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fraudulent scam

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
cafferccino

Fraudulent scam

Post by cafferccino »

Hi everyone!!

Let me explain what’s happened first and then hopefully someone who works or has previously worked at Royal Mail can help me.
Basically I tried to sell an iPhone 11 Pro Max on Facebook work £800. Someone said they would buy it and give me £10 for postage. I didn’t see the problem so I went to the post office, did the packing and basically they didn’t send me the money and sent me a fake email claiming to be Monzo Bank. It was special delivery and unfortunately by the time I realised the parcel was in the special delivery bag and couldn’t be opened.

So fast forward, I drive 2 and a half hours to the delivery office in the “buyers” area. And they intercept the parcel and hold it in retention for 18 days. Now, I try to get this back as it has my return address and I had my ID and proof that I sent the parcel etc, however, the manager at the postal office refused to give it to me.

I contacted customer services who said the police will have to get a warrant for them to hand it over, so I go to the police who then tell me no.. they can give it to me as I’ve got all the proof.
So I go back and they still refuse.

Action fraud have been contacted and everything.

So the question is:
Will the post office send the parcel back to the return address after 18 days? Or will they keep it?

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Fraudulent scam

Post by Snaggletooth »

I am going to try and summarise your post, because it is very long. You have persuaded Royal Mail that you have been a victim of fraud, and as a consequence the delivery office at the receiving end has retained the item. Your question is: will Royal Mail return the item to the sender after the 18 days has elapsed?
cafferccino

Re: Fraudulent scam

Post by cafferccino »

Yes pretty much! Thank you for summarising 😂