ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atherstone RDC items "RTS" without delivering/asking?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
throwaway1321

Atherstone RDC items "RTS" without delivering/asking?

Post by throwaway1321 »

Hi,
I ordered a couple of things off Aliexpress (I know, I know) which were then bundled together under 1 Royal mail tracking number.
From looking at the tracking on Aliexpress, it says it arrived in the country 8 days ago, but the next thing tracking information is for a day later, and it says "Parcel Return [Atherstone Intl ]Returned to local warehouse", using the royal mail tracking it states the item was received on the 10th at 8:40, then says "Returned to Sender (Atherstone RDC)" at both 10:51 and 16:24 the same day, with the title of the page saying "Returned to Sender (This item will now be returned to the sender)"

I have not initiated any kind of return process, and I'm just super confused why it seems like they "attempted" to deliver it on a Saturday, then gave up a few hours into it.
I've read a few things about this post office from their reviews and even a thread on here that they're shady and not good at all.

So, are they literally returning my items? Even though I've not asked to return anything? That's what I'm mainly concerned about, I don't mind waiting if they have a backlog of post of course.
Thanks for any help

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Atherstone RDC items "RTS" without delivering/asking?

Post by Snaggletooth »

Atherstone RDC isn't a Post Office, it's a Royal Mail site. The reason it keeps coming up on here is that it is the point at which a lot of parcels from Chinese sellers enter the mail system. They ship the goods over here in bulk then unbatch them and send them on as mail. That's why the parcels have tracking numbers that end GB (posted in the UK) rather than ending CN (posted in the People's Republic of China). Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of items that (ahem) go wrong at that stage. We have seen sellers blame Royal Mail for problems with items that have never actually entered the mail system, for instance.

It's difficult to work out what is happening with your parcel without seeing the whole tracking. But once RM receive the item, they can't RTS unless there is something pretty seriously wrong with the parcel: missing or nonsense address, for instance.
throwaway1321

Post by throwaway1321 »

Snaggletooth wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:57
Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of items that (ahem) go wrong at that stage. We have seen sellers blame Royal Mail for problems with items that have never actually entered the mail system, for instance.
I see, that's really unfortunate.
Snaggletooth wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 18:57
It's difficult to work out what is happening with your parcel without seeing the whole tracking. But once RM receive the item, they can't RTS unless there is something pretty seriously wrong with the parcel: missing or nonsense address, for instance.
The tracking # is: GV383964480GB
As far as I can see it passed customs fine, then as soon as it got to Atherstone, they decided to RTS, at least that's what I see.
if there is something seriously wrong with the package istg :arrrghhh
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Ultimately, you need to ask the seller for a replacement or refund. If this was a UK-based seller, it would be the seller's legal responsibility to get it to you, and you would be legally entitled to a refund if it fails to arrive. I'm not sure how that translates with a seller based overseas. If your attempts to claim from the seller fail, ask your credit card provider for a charge back.

As for the tracking, it's ... interesting. It made me wonder if two items were posted at the same time with the same tracking number, and the same problem?
Saturday 10 July 2021
16:24
Returned to Sender
Atherstone RDC

10:51
Returned to Sender
Atherstone RDC

08:40
Item Received
Atherstone RDC

08:35
Item Received
Atherstone RDC

Friday 09 July 2021
19:55

Tuesday 06 July 2021
05:18
05:09
Sender despatching item
throwaway1321

Post by throwaway1321 »

As far as I am aware, it should be 1 package with 6 different items inside combined from 5 different sellers.
And yeah, the tracking confused me too, I've never seen anything like it with any package.

Ali-express did give me different expected delivery times for each of the 6 items though, the earliest item been July 20th, and the latest been September 14th, I have no idea how that's supposed to factor in when they combined all 6 items.
The waiting I'm fine with, I just started to worry when suddenly RM said they were returning it to sender.
I guess time will tell, since I can't open a dispute on Aliexpress yet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/GV383964480GB This tracking site has a little extra info on it and these 2 entries makes me think there is an issue with the address on the packet (or perhaps lack of address)

10 Jul 2021
08:25
Item available for the sender to collect; RTS or non-delivered.
Atherstone Intl

10 Jul 2021
08:24
Item available for the sender to collect; rts or non-delivered
Atherstone Intl DC

Certainly, it looks like an issue with the sender, rather than the receiver. I would contact Ali-express just for clarification rather than a dispute.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
throwaway1321

Post by throwaway1321 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 07:49
Certainly, it looks like an issue with the sender, rather than the receiver. I would contact Ali-express just for clarification rather than a dispute.
I've looked everywhere on ways to contact them, but there seems to be none. The "customer service" bot is just that, a bot, with no way of using it to get to an actual person. I've failed many times to try and connect to a real person through it.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 07:49
makes me think there is an issue with the address on the packet (or perhaps lack of address)
That's another thing, I did some reading, and many people have been saying this "combined" delivery is really bad, one person saying "DHL told me it has been returned since there was no Street name on it." so your hunch might be right.

Am I right in thinking I'm not allowed to visit Atherstone to collect it, right? :chuckle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

you are - it's a secure bonded warehouse with no public access and no customer-facing colleagues there. Also, it will have literally hundreds of thousands of items at busy times.

You can contact Customer Service though not sure how much help they would be in these circumstances. RM Twitter may be able to help but its a long shot @royalmailhelp
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
throwaway1321

Post by throwaway1321 »

Think it might be a long shot, takes forever for them to reply, and all they've done so far is said "it appears this item is returning back to sender. We'd advise contacting the sender directly regarding this, they should have more info", I already managed to ask one of the sellers before this and they said to ask RM what's going on, I don't think I can contact the "sender" since it's multiple items bundled together at an unknown warehouse :arrrghhh
throwaway1321

Post by throwaway1321 »

I finally managed to get through to RM by calling, massive pain since my area has terrible signal. They stated that I needed to contact one of the sellers and get them to open a dispute/claim so they can investigate the package.

Once I told the seller I was already speaking to about this he immediately said ask for refund :chuckle
So I have, and 4/6 items have been marked for refund already, this ordeal has been a massive pain in my ass, but I guess I've learned my lesson :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

I guess this matter can be considered closed now