ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it normal to take 10 days to send a Signed for?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
llperic

Is it normal to take 10 days to send a Signed for?

Post by llperic »

Hi everyone,
I am new here and would like to ask if it is normal for this? I tried to track for something I mailed at the post office with the signed for services on 5 Jul but it still showed it is only received at the post office and yet to reach the recipient (I tried to send to HMRC). I am thinking if I should resend this given it might have been lost by Royalmail. I find that I can only call them for support but it took me more than 30 min in the call so I am not sure.

Thanks.
Regards,
Eric

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Is it normal to take 10 days to send a Signed for?

Post by POSTMAN »

HMRC would have a gazalliion things that would need to be signed for.
The chances are your letter is there and it's one of the items not signed for.

It's normal, sending signed for stuff to large companies, them, DVLA, DWP etc is a waste of time, it's wrong, but it is what it is due to the mass volume they get.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.