ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

South West DC delays??

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Kazzyknits

South West DC delays??

Post by Kazzyknits »

I placed an online order, item despatched Monday 21st 2.20pm on Royal Mail 24 Tracked . Update Item Received at South West DC 6.55pm on 21/6/21, delivery was down for Tuesday 22nd, but no updates till eventually on Tuesday at 2.16pm it said again Item Received at South West DC, but nothing since then. Can’t seem to get answers from anywhere, other things ordered at the same time were all delivered on Royal Mail 24 tracked next day no problem & stuff ordered yesterday afternoon is already here with me. But the one that is stuck is a high value item that extra was paid to get it next day. Have checked the service updates & no problems seem to be listed. Is this item lost ? Or is there actually delays at this DC.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: South West DC delays??

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Kazzyknits wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 08:52
I placed an online order, item despatched Monday 21st 2.20pm on Royal Mail 24 Tracked . Update Item Received at South West DC 6.55pm on 21/6/21, delivery was down for Tuesday 22nd, but no updates till eventually on Tuesday at 2.16pm it said again Item Received at South West DC, but nothing since then. Can’t seem to get answers from anywhere, other things ordered at the same time were all delivered on Royal Mail 24 tracked next day no problem & stuff ordered yesterday afternoon is already here with me. But the one that is stuck is a high value item that extra was paid to get it next day. Have checked the service updates & no problems seem to be listed. Is this item lost ? Or is there actually delays at this DC.
I do tracked scanning into the delivery office I work in from 4am, and from my experience, it looks like the Mail centre may have sent it to the wrong office in error, so when that office returned it to the Mail centre it was rescanned at 2:16.

Hopefully, you have had a due delivery scan from your local office today (but with no tracking number I can't confirm) and if so it should be due delivery today.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Kazzyknits

Post by Kazzyknits »

Thanks True Blue Terrier, still no updates on tracking it’s still at South West DC getting worried now my tracking ref is JF907631964GB
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Kazzyknits wrote:
23 Jun 2021, 10:43
Thanks True Blue Terrier, still no updates on tracking it’s still at South West DC getting worried now my tracking ref is JF907631964GB
No that is strange, my best advice is to both contact the sender (who will chase Royal Mail) and contact Royal Mail on Twitter as well. Their handle is @royalmailhelp they have auditing tracking available to them so they can see more than we can.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Kazzyknits

Post by Kazzyknits »

I have contacted Royal Mail on Twitter & got told just to wait they can’t do anything

“ Although the item has a delivery aim of the following day this isn't a guarantee I'm afraid. We would need to allow until June 30th for it to arrive before it would be deemed missing and a claim for loss can be made by the sender. It should arrive soon. Apologies for the wait. >Mayah”

“ We understand your concern, but there's nothing more we can do from here at this point unfortunately. Please allow more time & continue to check the tracking, your item should arrive soon. ^Jen