ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Help Please

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Orangepetals

Help Please

Post by Orangepetals »

I posted a parcel Special Delivery. On the packet, I entered the correct door number. Taking it to the post office, they copied the address as I thought, correctly. Now, I find on tracking, they tried to deliver to the wrong door number, the parcel was refused and sent to the National Return Centre.
Trying to phone was a nightmare, after 40 mins of computer voices and music, they then hung up.
Sent an email which, of course was not answered.
I have been directed here in the hope that someone ( real person that is ) from the National Return Centre would answer and sort out returning the parcel or getting it to the correct address.

yellowbelly

Re: Help Please

Post by yellowbelly »

This is not an official RM site just posties providing advice based on their knowledge and experience.

Firstly can you confirm that the Post Office registered the correct property number on the item? If you got a
receipt from the Post Office I think it should have the property number and postcode on it. If it's wrong
either they made a mistake when registering it on the system or you might have incorrectly written the number.

Even if they entered the wrong number on the system that shouldn't affect the delivery if you wrote the correct
property number on the parcel as that's ultimately what the delivering postie is looking for. Also consider that
the address might have become illegible on it's journey.

If it's going back to the NRC it suggests it might not have a return address on it. If that's the case (and I'm not
too sure how the NRC works) they might investigate the contents of the item to see if there's any indication
inside as to your location (as the sender) to get it back to you.

You might be better off going the Twitter route to contact https://twitter.com/RoyalMailHelp (rather than ringing). Just
state the basics and then they'll probably ask you to DM them with all the detailed info you can ie address sent to, tracking number etc.
Can't promise the outcome, but I suggest that's the route to go.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Help Please

Post by Snaggletooth »

If you complete a lost parcel form, that should mean that it is returned to you. Might take a few weeks though, depending on how busy the NRC is.