ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

UK to Sweden - Gone Missing?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
RedXIII

UK to Sweden - Gone Missing?

Post by RedXIII »

Hi all,

I sent a LL parcel (2 x gold charms) via International Tracked and Signed with extra compensation to Sweden on the 9th April 2021. I bought the RM postage online via PayPal as that's how the buyer paid for the items (sale via a Facebook group). On the 29th May, the seller messaged me saying she'd been keeping an eye on the progress of the parcel and it says it was being sent back to me by NordPost. They claimed they had sent her a letter to pay for customs fees (which we expected) yet she never got it.

I contacted NordPost who confirmed that it had been sent back but they can't tell me anything more. RM shows it as in Sweden. The tracking looks crazy when I look it up on tracking sites like it's gone back and forth or been in both countries on the same day/time etc.

Has anyone got any ideas what may be going on? I've put a claim in with Royal Mail but they say it can take 90 days to look into, is that right? I don't mind but I want to make sure I got it right so I can just refund her in the meantime. I send overseas now and then and this is the first time anything has gone wrong in 10 years!

RY132100776GB

Thanks! :D

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: UK to Sweden - Gone Missing?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Looking at the tracking, I'm wondering if Nordpost haven't put any official sticker/stamped it with any sort of official sticker/stamp to indicate that it's being returned to sender.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 01:47
Looking at the tracking, I'm wondering if Nordpost haven't put any official sticker/stamped it with any sort of official sticker/stamp to indicate that it's being returned to sender.
Indeed it looks like it made it all the way back to Manchester MC and they sent it on to HWDC. It does look like its back in Sweeden but even that's not certain looking at the tracking.

It may be worth contacting @royalmailhelp on twitter - they may ask you to DM the tracking number and post code on the item. They have better tracking than is available to the public so MAY have a better idea where it really is.

Good luck.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 10:38
It may be worth contacting @royalmailhelp on twitter - they may ask you to DM the tracking number and post code on the item. They have better tracking than is available to the public so MAY have a better idea where it really is.
It's a bit of a longshot but it might be worth also contacting Nordpost on twitter as well
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

Thanks guys! I don't have a Twitter account but I'll make one and grab them on there.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

@PostNordSverige
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

Well, PostNord confirmed again it was sent back to me some time ago and to put a claim in with RM.

RM said the same and that they strongly deem it to be lost.

So, a claim has been put in :)
Business15

Post by Business15 »

Goodluck with your claim it can take up to 6 months and all you will get is 1st Class stamps.
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

Business15 wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 21:50
Goodluck with your claim it can take up to 6 months and all you will get is 1st Class stamps.
£240 of 1st Class Stamps? Can you post a link to that information, please? Thanks!
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

Well, I got a reply to my claim today saying they won't pay as I sent prohibited/restricted items to Sweden. They said full details can be obtained from the Swedish postal provider. I assume this is PostNord. I've looked on their site and through the entire list RM provides for sending to Sweden and still can't find anything about gold jewellery.

If someone can find a link for me I'd be truly appreciative.

Guess I got caught out by not asking PostNord directly before sending. A lesson learned for the future!
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

RedXIII wrote:
17 Jul 2021, 16:34
Well, I got a reply to my claim today saying they won't pay as I sent prohibited/restricted items to Sweden. They said full details can be obtained from the Swedish postal provider. I assume this is PostNord. I've looked on their site and through the entire list RM provides for sending to Sweden and still can't find anything about gold jewellery.

If someone can find a link for me I'd be truly appreciative.
Last item on the prohibited list is 'precious metals'. That will be it.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/inter ... des/sweden
RedXIII

Post by RedXIII »

Thank you so so much! I don't know why my eyes skipped past that. Much appreciated!