ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery scanned at depot?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Gazzaboy123

Delivery scanned at depot?

Post by Gazzaboy123 »

Hello
I had a message today saying my parcel has been delivered. I was in and had no sign of it round the side or anywhere else. I checked with the neighbours and nothing?
I then called Royal mail tracking helpline who said that they were busy and scanning items before delivery so if its not arrived tomorrow call then?
Is that going on, its not ideal but with a lot of backlog I understand a need for speed.

It's my daughters prom dress so naturally keen it arrives ASAP.
Thanks Gareth

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Delivery scanned at depot?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Gazzaboy123 wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 18:58
Hello
I had a message today saying my parcel has been delivered. I was in and had no sign of it round the side or anywhere else. I checked with the neighbours and nothing?
I then called Royal mail tracking helpline who said that they were busy and scanning items before delivery so if its not arrived tomorrow call then?
Is that going on, its not ideal but with a lot of backlog I understand a need for speed.

It's my daughters prom dress so naturally keen it arrives ASAP.
Thanks Gareth
Without a tracking number or at least the full tracking output, it's difficult to advise anything.

Also the
Royal mail tracking helpline who said that they were busy and scanning items before delivery
is confusing as the Helpline number don't scan items, and the ready for delivery scan is done by the local delivery office. As before, if you can post the tracking number we may be able to make sense of it all,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Gazzaboy123

Post by Gazzaboy123 »

Hello and thanks for the message
The tracking number is
WJ331910217GB

Which shows as being sent in January ( which is unlikely as it was only ordered last month)
Thanks Gareth
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

This is what I get on tracking and it all seems legit if Staines DO is your local office
Tracking history
Tuesday 01 June 2021
10:48
Delivered by
Staines DO
05:47
Due to be delivered today by
Staines DO
02:28
Item Received
Jubilee MC
Sunday 30 May 2021
14:42
Item Received
Princess Royal DC
Tuesday 25 May 2021
01:26
Sender despatching item
3 Possibilities.

1. It was delivered to the wrong address by the postie
2. It had the wrong address on the item.
3. The postie put it in a safe place and did not tell you where, (with a red card,) or its been knicked from there.

If you are fairly local I would think about making a trip to Staines DO to see if they can explain the situation, if not I would call Royal Mail customer services 0345 774 0740.

If you go to the office, politely ask to speak to a manager as they can check on their system the GPS location of when the item was scanned, posties can't do this.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."