ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Coming up to 3 months and still no movement...

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
JHR

Coming up to 3 months and still no movement...

Post by JHR »

Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on March 8, 2021 at 7:27 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

That's according to USPS.com but according to RM it is still in transit from the US.

Judging from the replies to similar queries, my parcel is still stuck in customs!

I think three months in customs hell is simply baffling.

Any replies welcome.

Thank you.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Coming up to 3 months and still no movement...

Post by Snaggletooth »

At 3 months, you have to suspect that it was confiscated by customs. What was in the parcel?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I think it was around March that USPS really started to suffer mega delays allegedly caused by DeJoy. Having said that Snaggletooth is correct, it's either been seized by customs, has gone missing en-route, or it is still stuck in the USPS network somewhere. I'd be contacting USPS for advice or making a claim by now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
JHR

Post by JHR »

Thanks for the replies.

I suspected as much.

It was just a collector's edition anime figurine, badges and keyrings! Nothing dangerous - promise!

I have tried contacting USPS via email and telephone - no joy.

Every time I tried to contact them, I kept getting this response - 'Inquiries are not accepted for the service purchased to mail this item'! I cannot make a claim even for a lost parcel via first class international post plus tracking

I would have thought customs would have contacted me to say that they have confiscated my parcel and/or asked for a customs fee or confirmed that it was destroyed?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

what's the tracking number?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

JHR wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 19:58
It was just a collector's edition anime figurine, badges and keyrings! Nothing dangerous - promise!
These items shouldn't cause any problems.
JHR wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 19:58
I would have thought customs would have contacted me to say that they have confiscated my parcel and/or asked for a customs fee or confirmed that it was destroyed?
Customs wouldn't contact you in any circumstances. If there was a customs charge, they would contract the delivery company to collect it from you. If it was destroyed, nobody would contact you.
JHR

Post by JHR »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 20:24
It's LH133489859US

Thanks
JHR

Post by JHR »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 20:24
LH133489859US

As I mentioned before, I am baffled that customs have the power to confiscate/destroy one's parcel and they are not legally required to inform you about it.

I wish someone would just remove the tracking number from the system - it's giving me false hope that that the parcel will be delivered to me :sad:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

You could try contacting customs - I did some digging and found this, it may or may not help:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -enquiries
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
JHR

Post by JHR »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 15:23
You could try contacting customs - I did some digging and found this, it may or may not help:

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -enquiries
Thank you - I shall give it a try.

Thanks again :Very Happy
yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

Probably no comfort to the OP, but I delivered a USPS parcel today that was posted from the US on 25 Nov last year
and which wasn't subject to any customs charge delay this end.
JHR

Re: Coming up to 3 months and still no movement - update

Post by JHR »

Unbelievable, I have received a response from the US!

The seller will not submit a claim on my behalf because according to USPS the parcel was delivered to RM on 8th March and it's RM to handle my claim!!

I know this is utter nonsense because RM to this day has not received my parcel!

:arrrghhh
JHR

Re: Coming up to 3 months and still no movement - update @ 27.07.21

Post by JHR »

yellowbelly wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 15:19
Probably no comfort to the OP, but I delivered a USPS parcel today that was posted from the US on 25 Nov last year
and which wasn't subject to any customs charge delay this end.
Can you believe it, my item was delivered just now and it was not subject to any customs charge.

However, the container was heavily damaged and was delivered in a plastic bag with a message from RM saying that the container was damaged before its arrival in the UK. I have yet to check the contents!

So Yellowbelly thanks for giving me some comfort :Very Happy