ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Wednesday 11 August 2021

General Overview

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Movement of mail through our network

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Road
A vehicle travelling to our National Distribution Centre from the Cardiff Mail Centre was delayed last night due to roadworks on the M4. As a result of this, a small amount of mail posted in parts of Wales, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over past 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the BT postcode area.
Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the PL postcode area.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Plympton (PL7)
Rochdale (OL11, OL12, OL13, OL14, OL15, OL16)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 12 August 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres

The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over past 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DE and NG postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

Plympton (PL7)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 13 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the past 24-hours.

Deliveries today

Plympton (PL7)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 August 2021

General Overview
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 14 August. There are no collections on Sunday 15 August. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

Plympton (PL7)

Public Holiday - Stromness (KW16) Saturday 14 August
There will be no deliveries or collections taking place in the KW16 postcode area today, Saturday 14 August. Normal deliveries and collections will resume on Monday 16 August.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 16 August 2021

General Overview

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the weekend.

Deliveries today

Plympton (PL7)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 17 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over past 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted across the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted across the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.

Deliveries today

Plympton (PL7)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 18 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

No offices currently listed as exceptions.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 19 August 2021

No delays or exceptions were reported for the previous 24 hours at the time of posting this update (0830)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 20 August 2021

No delays or exceptions were reported for the previous 24 hours at the time of posting this update (0830)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 23 August 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
On Friday night two vehicles arrived late into the National Distribution Centre in Daventry, missing scheduled outbound connecting servies. An overview of these and how this may affect service follows:

Preston Mail Centre: This vehicle arrived late into NDC due to J20 of the M6 being closed. All mail was despatched, however as a result some mail posted on Friday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas for delivery on Saturday in parts of the South East and London, South West, Southern England and South Wales may arrive later than planned.

Warrington Mail Centre This vehicle also arrived late due to the M6 closure. As a result, some mail posted on Friday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas for delivery on Saturday in parts of London and the South East, South West and Southern England may arrive later than anticipated.
Mail Centres

Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the weekend.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 24 August 2021

General Overview

Air
The flight from Exeter to East Midlands was cancelled last night following technical issues with the aircraft, and all mail was sent on via the road network. However, as a result, some mail posted in the far South West of England yesterday for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, South West, Wales,North of England and Northern Ireland may arrive later than planned.

This also meant what would have been the return leg of the flight - East Midlands to Exeter was also cancelled, as there was no aircraft available to cover this flight. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in parts of the Midlands, South West, Wales,North of England and Northern Ireland for delivery today in the far South West of England may arrive later than anticipated.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over past 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, for delivery today in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, for delivery today in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 25 August 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail

Road

Last night a vehicle travelling from Warrington Mail Centre arrived late into the South Western Distribution Centre, missing connection with scheduled outbound services. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in the CW, L, WA amd WN postcode areas for delivery today in the South West of England, South of England and South Wales may arrive later than anticipated.

Mail Centres

South Midlands Mail Centre: Both inbound (some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, for delivery today in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas) and outbound (some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK).

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DE and NG postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 26 August 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail

Road
Last night a vehicle travelling from Swindon Mail Centre arrived late into the National Distribution Centre in Daventry due to the closure of the A34, missing connecting outbound services. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, South East and South Yorkshire may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

Gatwicks Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BN and RH postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Fri 27 August 2021

No delays or exceptions were reported for the previous 24 hours at the time of posting this update (0915)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Services in Beauly/Kiltarlity (IV4 and IV6) today

Dear TEEBS

We're very sorry to advise a serious incident occurred last night close to the Beauly Delivery Office. Due to the Police cordon in place, our staff cannot gain access to the office, and it will remain closed today.

As a result, we're sorry that mail due for delivery in the IV4 and IV6 postcode areas today will be subject to delay.

The Customer Service Point will also be closed during this period of disruption.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We'll return to normal service as soon as we can.

Kind regards,

Royal Mail Customer Services