ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 August 2021

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 28 August. There are no collections on Sunday 29 August.

Bank Holiday Monday 30 August

For most of the UK there will be no delivery or collection services on Monday 30 August and our Customer Service Points will be closed.

Some parts of Scotland are not observing the Summer Bank Holiday. Normal deliveries and collections should take place in the EH43-EH46, G, ML1-ML11, KW15-KW17, KA1-KA5, KA9-KA15, KA16-KA18, KA20-KA25, KA27, KA28-30, PA1-PA20, PA22-PA28, PA30-PA32, PA34, PA37-PA38, PA42, PA45, PA60, PH1, PH2, PH14, TD1, TD7-9 postcode areas.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 31 August 2021

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Movement of mail through our network

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Deliveries today
Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

No offices currently listed as exceptions.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 1 September 2021

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Due to excessively high volumes, two flights from East Midlands airport were delayed last night. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in the Midlands, South West and North of England, Northern Ireland and Wales, due for delivery today in Northern Ireland and the far South West of England, may arrive later than planned.

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours, with one exception: Technical issues delayed the departure of some mail travelling from our National Distribution Centre to our Nottingham Mail Centre. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due to arrive today in the DE and NG (Nottingham) postcode areas, may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over past 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Gatwick Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BN and RH postcode areas, for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Romford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the E, IG and RM postcode areas, for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, for delivery today in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas.

Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, for delivery today in the PL postcode area.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 2 September 2021.

No delays were reported within the last 24 hours at the time of posting this update
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 3 September 2021

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Mail Centres

The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over past 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, for delivery today in the BT postcode area.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 6 September 2021

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 7 September 2021

Air
The scheduled flight from East Midlands Airport to Exeter Airport was delayed last night due to fog. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday, due for delivery today in the South West of England, may arrive slightly later than anticipated

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
It was a very busy night at our National Distribution Centre (NDC) in Daventry, with not all mail able to connect with scheduled outbound services. As a result, it's possible some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the following postcode areas, may arrive later than expected: CV, LE, MK, NN (South Midlands), DY, ST, TF, WS, WV (North West Midlands), CM, CO, SS (Chelmsford), CH, LL, SY (Chester).

Issues at our Atherstone Distribution Centre yesterday meant not all mail could be processed on schedule. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the SN postcode area, may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result, may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas.

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Gatwick Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BN and RH postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Greenford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the HA, NW, SL, UB and W2 - 12 postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DE and NG postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today
Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

No offices are currently listed as exceptions.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 8 September 2021

Click & Drop
Royal Mail became aware of a technical fault with our Click & Drop system on Monday 6 September. The majority of the service was back up and running by around 3pm on Monday, with a full service resuming in the evening. We’re really sorry for any inconvenience this caused our customers. If customers have any outstanding queries about their orders/system access, we’ve created a small number of FAQs to assist which can be found here. https://www.royalmail.com/d8/click-drop-faq

Air
The scheduled flight from East Midlands Airport to Exeter Airport was delayed on departure last night. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday, due for delivery today in the far South West of England, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Rail

Road
A vehicle travelling from the Warrington Mail Centre to our National Distribution Centre was delayed last night due to an unplanned closure of junction 17-18 on the M6. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK, may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

Delays on the M1 meant that a vehicle travelling from the Princess Royal Distribution Centre to the Home Counties North Mail Centre was delayed last night. As a result of this, a small amount of mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas, may arrive later than expected.

A late-arriving vehicle into our Atherstone Distribution Centre last night meant not all mail could be processed on schedule. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the BA, BS, GL, TA (Bristol), DE,NG (Nottingham), CB, PE (Peterborough), DN, HU, LN, S (Sheffield), OX, RG, SN (Swindon), CV, LE, MK, NN (South Midlands) postcode areas, may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Belfast Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BT postcode area.
Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas.
North West Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DY, SY, TF, WS and WV postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Romford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the E, IG and RM postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.

Latest recommended posting dates for Christmas 2021
*Please note: the latest recommended posting dates are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change.

International Economy*
Date* Destinations
Monday 13 September All non-European destinations (except South Africa, Canada, Middle and Far East, USA)
Friday 15 October Middle and Far East, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa
Monday 1 November Canada and USA
Friday 26 November Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey
Monday 29 November Western Europe

International Standard and International Tracking and Signature Services*
Date* Destinations
Wednesday 1 December Caribbean
Monday 6 December Australia and New Zealand
Wednesday 8 December Africa, Central and South America, Asia, Far and Middle East
Friday 10 December Cyprus and Malta
Saturday 11 December Greece, Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia), Turkey
Monday 13 December Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA
Thursday 16 December Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
Saturday 18 December Belgium, France, Luxembourg

HM Forces Mail - British Forces Post Office® (BFPO)*
Date* Destinations
Monday 29 November Operational HM Forces
Monday 6 December Static HM Forces

UK Inland Services*
Date* Destinations
Friday 17 December Royal Mail Bulk Mail Economy
Saturday 18 December 2nd Class, 2nd Class Signed For, Royal Mail 48®
Tuesday 21 December 1st Class, 1st Class Signed For, Royal Mail 24®, Royal Mail Tracked 48®
Wednesday 22 December Royal Mail Tracked 24®
Thursday 23 December Special Delivery Guaranteed®
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 9th September 2021

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail

Road
Issues at our National Distribution Centre yesterday meant not all mail could be processed and despatched on schedule. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery in Scotland, may arrive slightly later than expected.

A late arriving vehicle into our Atherstone Distribution Centre last night meant not all mail could be processed on schedule. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the DY, ST, TF, WS and WV postcode areas, may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

North West Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DY, SY, TF, WS and WV postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas.

Deliveries today

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 10 September 2021

Click & Drop
Royal Mail became aware of a technical fault with our Click & Drop system on Monday 6 September. The majority of the service was back up and running by around 3pm on Monday, with a full service resuming in the evening. We’re really sorry for any inconvenience this caused our customers.

Air

Rail

Road
A vehicle travelling from the Bristol Mail Centre to the National Distribution Centre was delayed last night due to a junction closure on the M6. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in the South West of England, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Similarily, a vehicle travelling from the Manchester Mail Centre to the National Distribution Centre was also delayed due to the M6 closure. As a result, a small amount of mail posted yesterday in the North West of England yesterday, may arrive slightly later than anticipated.

A late arriving vehicle into our Atherstone Distribution Centre last night meant not all mail could be processed on schedule. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Mail Centres

Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BT postcode area.

Swansea Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the SA postcode area, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 13 September 2021

General Overview

Air

On Friday night the flight from Aberdeen to Sumburgh (Shetlands) arrived late due to severe weather. As a result, some mail posted on Friday for delivery on Saturday in the ZE postcode area may arrive later than planned

Rail

Road
Due to a juction closure on the M1 on Friday evening several vehicles were delayed in their arrival to the National Distribution Centre, which meant all mail could not be processed on schedule. As a result some mail posted on Friday in parts of the South, South East and South West of England for delivery in other parts of the UK may arrive later than planned.

A vehicle from the National Distribution Centre also arrived later than planned due to traffic on the M5/M6 on Friday evening, which meant all mail could not be processed on schedule. As a result, some mail posted in parts of the UK on Friday for delivery in parts of Wales and the South West of England may arrive later than planned.

On Saturday a vehicle left the National Distribution Centre later than planned. As a result some mail posted on Saturday for delivery today in parts of the UK may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, due for delivery on Saturday and today in other parts of the UK.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery Saturday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.

Truro Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery Saturday in the TR postcode area.

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Peterborough Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the CB and PE postcode areas.

Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the PL postcode area, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 14 September 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road
A vehicle travelling from Preston Mail Centre to the National Distribution Centre in Daventry, arrived late last night due to delays and a juncition closure on the M6. As a result, some mail posted in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in parts of London, the South East and South West may arrive later than planned.

A vehicle from Sheffield Mail Centre travelling to the National Distribution Centre arrived late last night, due to a vehicle breakdown. As a result, some mail posted in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, the South, South East, South West of England and parts of Wales may arrive later than planned.

A vehicle travelling from the Princess Royal Distribution Centre was despatched later than planned due to increased volumes, which meant not all mail could be processed to schedule. As a result, some mail destined for parts of the South West of England today may arrive later than planned.

Due to the late arrival of a vehicle at our Atherstone hub, some mail was unable to travel on the scheduled outbound services. As a result, some mail destined for parts of the B, HR, WR, DY, ST, TF, WS and WV postcode areas may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N , W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 15 September 2021

General Overview

Air

Last night the flight from East Midlands to Exeter, returned to East Midlands due to fog at Exeter. All mail was sent on via the road network. As a result, some mail posted in the Midlands, South West of England, Wales, North of England and Northern Ireland for delivery today in the far South West of England may arrive later than planned.

Rail

Road
Last night the vehicle travelling from the Scottish Distribution Centre to the Warrington Mail Centre was over capacity, meaning not all mail could be despatched to schedule. As a result, some mail posted in Scotland yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas.

North West Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the DY, ST, TF, WS and WV postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N , W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the PL postcode area.

Truro Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the TR postcode area.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 16 September 2021

General Overview

Air
Last night the flight from East Midlands to Exeter arrived late, which meant ongoing connections also left later than scheduled. As a result, some mail posted in the Midlands, South West of England, Wales, North of England and Northern Ireland for delivery today in the far South West of England may arrive later than planned.

Rail

Road
Last night the vehicle travelling from the Manchester Mail Centre to the National Distribution Centre was delayed several times enroute, meaning some mail missed connecting outbound services. As a result, some mail posted in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in parts of London, the South, South East, South West of England and Wales may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas.
Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the PL postcode area.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 17 September 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road
Last night not all mail was able to travel on the scheduled service from the Yorkshire Distribution Centre to the Sheffield Mail Centre due to reaching full capacity. This mail was sent on a later running service. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas may arrive later than planned.

Last night a vehicle from Chester Mail Centre arrived late into the National Distribution Centre, due to heavy traffic. As a result, some mail posted in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas for delivery today in parts of Wales, South West Scotland, parts of London, the South East, the South West, the Midlands, the North and the North East of England may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result, may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Bristol Mail Centre: Some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas.

Deliveries today