ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Service Update

Friday 9 July 2021

No changes from previous day
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Service Update

Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 July 2021

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

Hythe (CT21)

Local Holiday - Northern Ireland (BT) Monday 12 July and non-service day on Tuesday 13 July
Due to a local holiday and non-service day, there will be no deliveries or collections taking place in Northern Ireland (BT postcode area) on Monday 12 July and Tuesday 13 July with one exception. On Tuesday 13 July, Londonderry (BT47-BT48) will resume deliveries and collections. Normal deliveries and collections across Northern Ireland will take place on Wednesday 14 July.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 12 July 2021

No change from previous update.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Services in the BS37 postcode area

We're very sorry to advise that due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Yate Delivery Office, deliveries in parts of the BS37 postcode area will likely be disrupted this week.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We will return to normal service as soon as we can safely do so.
Please note: To collect items from our Customer Service Point, you will need a valid 'Something for you' card or electronic notification advising we're holding an item for you. Please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for opening times, as these may be subject to change.

Kind regards,

Royal Mail Customer Services
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Services in the PL21 postcode area

We're very sorry to advise that due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Ivybridge Delivery Office, deliveries in parts of the PL21 postcode area will likely be disrupted this week.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We will return to normal service as soon as we can safely do so.

Please note: To collect items from our Customer Service Point, you will need a valid 'Something for you' card or electronic notification advising we're holding an item for you. Please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for opening times, as these may be subject to change.

Kind regards,
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Services in the RG9 postcode area

We're very sorry to advise that due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Henley on Thames Delivery Office, deliveries in parts of the RG9 postcode area will likely be disrupted this week.

Kind regards,
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 13 July 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Movement of mail through our network

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air services all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail services all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road services all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule over the last 24 hours. The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Southampton Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the PO, SO and SP postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

Debden (IG7, IG8, IG9, IG10)
Henley on Thames (RG9)
Hythe (CT21)
Ivybridge (PL21)
Newton Abbot (TQ12, TQ13)
Plympton (PL7)
Yate (BS37)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 14 July 2021

General Overview

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule over the last 24 hours. The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

Henley on Thames (RG9)
Hythe (CT21)
Ivybridge (PL21)
Plympton (PL7)
Yate (BS37)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 16 July 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Air

Rail

Road
Last night a vehicle travelling from Preston Mail Centre to the National Distribution Centre in Daventry arrived late. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in parts of London and the South East, South England and South Wales may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule over the last 24 hours. The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result, may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Exeter Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the EX and TQ postcode areas.
Deliveries today
Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

Henley on Thames (RG9)
Hythe (CT21)
Ivybridge (PL21)
Plympton (PL7)
Yate (BS37)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Service Update

Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 July 2021

General Overview
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 17 July. There are no collections on Sunday 18 July. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Henley on Thames (RG9)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Rochdale (OL11, OL12, OL13, OL14, OL15, OL16)
Southport (PR8)
Worthing DO (BN11, BN12, BN13, BN14)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 19 July 2021

General Overview

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Air
Our air services all operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail services all operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road services all operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres

The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery on Saturday in the PL postcode area.

Deliveries today

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Henley on Thames (RG9)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Southport (PR8)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 20 July 2021

General Overview

Air
Technical problems with an aircraft at Guernsey Airport last night meant a small amount of mail was unable to be flown to East Midland Airport. As a result some items posted from Guernsey to other parts of the UK yesterday may arrive slightly later than expected.

An air service between Edinburgh Airport and East Midland Airport was cancelled last night due to technical issues with the aircraft. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in Central and Southern Scotland yesterday, due for delivery in the rest of the UK, may be delivered slightly later than anticipated.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Dorset Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the BH and DT postcode areas.

Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, WC and W1 postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.+

Deliveries today

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Henley on Thames (RG9)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Southport (PR8)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 21 July 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the PL postcode area.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas.
Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Henley on Thames (RG9)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Southport (PR8)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 22 July 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Last night a vehicle arrived late at our National Distribution Centre from the Cardiff Mail Centre. As a result, some mail posted in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas yesterday may arrive slightly later than expected in other parts of the UK.

Mail Centres

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.

Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the PL postcode area.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol South East (BS4, BS14)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Southport (PR8)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 23 July 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Last night a vehicle arrived late at our South West Distribution Centre due to an accident on the M6. As a result, some mail posted in the South West of England, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Mail Centres

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol North (BS6, BS7)
Bristol South East (BS4, BS14)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Ferndown (BH22)
Kingswood (BS15, BS30)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Southport (PR8)