ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Monday 20 September 2021

General Overview

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Movement of mail through our network

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Exeter Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EX and TQ postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

No offices currently listed as exceptions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 21 September 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours, with one exception: Technical issues delayed the departure of a vehicle travelling from our Princess Royal Distribution Centre (London) to Cardiff. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in parts of London and the South East, due for delivery today in the CF postcode area, may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

No offices are currently listed as exceptions.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 22 September 2021

General Overview

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Last night the flight from Edinburgh to East Midlands arrived late due to a technical fault with the aircraft. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in parts of Central and Southern Scotland for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, South West, Wales, North of England and Northern Ireland may arrive later than anticipated.

Rail

Road
Last night a vehicle travelling from Norwich Mail Centre to the National Distribution Centre in Daventry arrived late due to partial closure of the A14 between J39 and J36. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in the NR postcode area for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, South West and South England, South Wales, North West, West and South Yorkshire, may arrive later than expected.

A vehicle travelling from Swansea Mail Centre arrived late into London's Princess Royal Distribution Centre last night due to partial road closures and subsequent diversions on the route. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the SA postcode area yesterday for delivery today in parts of London and South East England may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Manchester Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 23 September 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 27 September 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas over the weekend, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas over the weekend, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas over the weekend, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas over the weekend, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 28 September 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 29 September 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases, where offices are severely affected by absence levels, when this may not be possible. We'll let you know on this page any areas where this may be the case.

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours with the following exception. Delays in some vehicle arrivals at our Princess Royal Distribution Centre on Tuesday night, as a result of roadworks and flooded roads, meant some mail missed processing for the final onward dispatch to our South West Distribution Centre. As a result, some mail posted on Tuesday in London and the South East of England, due for delivery today to addresses in the South West of England may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday across the UK, due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas.
Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday across the UK, due for delivery today in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 30 September 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases, where offices are severely affected by absence levels, when this may not be possible. We'll let you know on this page, any postcode areas where this is the case.

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.
Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday across the UK, due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas.
Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 4 October 2021

General Overview

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases, where offices are severely affected by absence levels, when this may not be possible. We'll let you know on this page, any postcode areas where this is the case.

Air

Rail

Road
On Saturday a vehicle travelling from our National Distribution Centre was over capacity, meaning not all mail could be despatched to schedule. As a result, a small number of parcels posted on Saturday across the UK, due for delivery today in the South West, South East, London, the Midlands, the North West of England, parts of Wales and Northern Ireland may arrive later than expected.

A vehicle travelling to the Princess Royal Distribution Centre was dispatched later than planned on Saturday due to increased volumes, which meant not all mail could be processed to schedule. As a result, a small number of parcels posted on Saturday in the South East of England, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres

Jubilee Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas, due for delivery Saturday to addresses across the rest of the UK.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery Saturday to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas, due for delivery Saturday to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery Saturday to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 5 October 2021

General Overview

More information is available in our Related help links to the right of this page.

You can also sign up here Opens in new window to receive information by email if your postcode area is affected.

Air
Last night the flight from Edinburgh to East Midlands departed later than planned, due to a technical fault with the aircraft. This meant that some mail missed ongoing connecting services. As a result, a small number of parcels posted yesterday in parts of Central and Southern Scotland, due for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, South West, Wales, North of England and Northern Ireland may arrive later than expected.

Last night the fight from Stanstead to Belfast was over capacity, meaning not all mail could be despatched to schedule. As a result, a small number of parcels posted yesterday in parts of London and the South of England, due to delivery today in Northern Ireland may arrive later than expected.

Rail

Road
Last night mail volumes at our National Distribution Centre exceeded the predicted forecast, meaning not all mail could be despatched to schedule. As a result, a small number of parcels posted across the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in parts of the Midlands, North West, London, South East of England and North Wales may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres

Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.

Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BT postcode area.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 6 October 2021

General Overview

Air

Last night the flight from Belfast to Stanstead departed later than planned, due to a technical fault with the aircraft. This meant that some mail missed ongoing connecting services. As a result, a small number of parcels posted yesterday in the BT postcode area, due for delivery today in parts of London and the South of England may arrive later than expected.

Rail

Last night the train from our Princess Royal Distribution Centre to the North East Mail Centre arrived later than planned, due to the service being held up to clear the line. As a result, a small number of parcels posted yesterday in parts of London and the South East of England, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK may arrive later than expected.

Road

Last night mail travelling in the vehicle from our National Distribution Centre to Chelmsford Mail Centre exceeded the predicted forecast. This meant not all mail could be despatched to schedule. As a result, a small number of parcels posted across the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas may arrive later than expected.

Also last night, mail travelling in the vehicle from our National Distribution Centre to Croydon Mail Centre exceeded the predicted forecast. This meant not all mail could be despatched to schedule. As a result, a small number of parcels posted across the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas may arrive later than expected.

Last night mail volumes at our Princess Royal Distribution Centre exceeded predicted forecasts. This meant that some vehicles departed later than planned. As a result, a small number of parcels posted across London and the South East yesterday, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday across the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the CT, DA, ME and DT postcode areas.

Southampton Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the PO, SO and SP postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday across the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today across the rest of the UK.

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 7 October 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Leeds Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday across the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO postcode areas.
Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CM, CO and SS postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday across the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BT postcode area.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 8 October 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road
A vehicle travelling from Manchester Mail Centre to our National Distribution Centre in Daventry arrived late last night, due to a road closure on the M56. As a result, some mail posted in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas yesterday for delivery today in parts of London, the South East, South West, the Midlands and parts of Wales may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result, may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday across the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas.

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 11 October 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 12 October 2021

General Overview

Air
Technical problems at East Midlands Airport last night meant some mail was unable to be processed on schedule. As a result, some items posted from other parts of the UK to Northern Ireland yesterday, may be delivered later than planned.

Rail
Last night there were overhead line issues at Wigan, between Warrington Rail Terminal and the Scottish Distribution Centre. As a result, some mail posted for delivery today in parts of Scotland from other parts of the UK may arrive later than expected and some mail posted in Scotland for delivery in other parts of the UK today may also arrive later than planned.

Road
Technical issues delayed the departure of a vehicle from our Yorkshire Distribution Centre last night. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in the LS postcode area (Leeds), may arrive later than expected.

Mail Centres

North West Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the DY, ST, TF, WS and WV postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the DE and NG postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail due for delivery today to addresses in the BT postcode area, posted from other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today