ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Friday 21 January 2022

Movement of mail through our network
Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Deliveries are operating as normal across most of the country today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as COVID-related self isolation, high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here:

Amersham DO (HP6, HP7 and HP8)
Barking DO (IG11)
Camberwell (SE5)
Hanwell (W7)
Havant DO (PO9 and PO10)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
Hornsey DO (N8)
Hoylake DO (CH47 and CH48)
Islington DO (N1 and N1C)
Kesh DO (BT93)
Manchester South West DO (M15, M16 and M32)
Muswell Hill DO (N10)
Pontefract DO (WF7, WF8, WF9 and WF11)
Redcar DO (TS10 and TS11)
Swindon West DO (SN5)
Upminster DO (RM14)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
Willesden DO (NW10 and NW26)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 22 and Sunday 22 January 2022

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 22 January 2022. There are no deliveries or collections on Sunday 23 January 2022 (except COVID-19 test kits from Priority Postboxes). Most of our Customer Service Points are open both Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

Deliveries are operating as normal across most of the country today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as COVID-related self isolation, high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here:

Barking DO (IG11)
Camberwell (SE5)
Hanwell (W7)
Havant DO (PO9 and PO10)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
Hornsey DO (N8)
Kesh DO (BT93)
Muswell Hill DO (N10)
Swindon West DO (SN5)
Upminster DO (RM14)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 24 January 2022

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the weekend, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Gatwick Mail Centre: Some mail posted Friday in the BN and RH postcode areas, due for delivery Saturday to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Barking DO (IG11)
Camberwell (SE5)
Hanwell (W7)
Havant DO (PO9 and PO10)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
Hornsey DO (N8)
Kesh DO (BT93)
Muswell Hill DO (N10)
Swindon West DO (SN5)
Upminster DO (RM14)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 25 January 2022

Air

Rail

Road
Last night a vehicle arrived into our National Distribution Centre later than scheduled from Medway Mail Centre, due to road closures on the A2. This then delayed connecting outbound services. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas, due for delivery today across the rest of the UK may arrive later than planned.

Also last night some mail travelling on a vehicle from the National Distribution Centre to Jubilee Mail Centre left later than scheduled due to road closures on the M1. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due to delivery today in the GU, KT, SW and TW postcode areas may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CV, LE, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today
Deliveries are operating as normal across most of the country today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices, this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as COVID-related self-isolation, high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

Barking DO (IG11)
Camberwell (SE5)
Havant DO (PO9 and PO10)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
Hornsey DO (N8)
Kesh DO (BT93)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 26 January 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Deliveries today

Barking DO (IG11)
Camberwell (SE5)
East Dulwich (SE22)
Havant DO (PO9 and PO10)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
Hornsey DO (N8)
Kesh DO (BT93)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Service Update

Thursday 27 January 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Norwich Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the IP and NR postcode areas.
Deliveries today

Barking DO (IG11)
Camberwell (SE5)
East Dulwich (SE22)
Havant DO (PO9 and PO10)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
Hornsey DO (N8)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 27 January 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Norwich Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the IP and NR postcode areas.

Deliveries today

Camberwell (SE5)
East Dulwich (SE22)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
West Norwood DO (SE27)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 31 January 2022

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres

Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

East Dulwich (SE22)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 1 February 2022

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours with one exception. A flight from East Midlands to Belfast was slightly delayed departing due to volumes of mail being significantly greater than forecast. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the North and Midlands regions of England and North Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in Northern Ireland, may arrive later than expected.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours with one exception. The train from Newcastle to Princess Royal Distibution Centre arrived late due to being held behind a slow moving freight train between York and Doncaster. As a result, a small amount of mail posted on Monday in the North East of England, due for delivery today to addresses in London and the South East of England, may arrive later than expected.

Road

Mail Centres

Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas.

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday in the CT, DA ME and TN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Monday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas.

Deliveries today

East Dulwich (SE22)
Herne Hill DO (SE24)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 2 February 2022

Air

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours with one exception. A train travelling between Warrington Rail Terminal and our Scottish Distribution Centre was delayed by a slow moving freight train ahead. The knock-on effect of this is reflected in the Mail Centre report below.

Road

Mail Centres

Aberdeen Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the AB and ZE postcode areas.

Edinburgh Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DD, EH, FK, KY, PH and TD postcode areas.

Glasgow Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the G, KA, ML and PA postcode areas.

Peterborough Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CB and PE postcode areas.

Deliveries today

Hanwell DO (W7)
Rottingdean DO (BN2 and BN51)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 3 February 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Deliveries today

Hanwell DO (W7)
Rottingdean DO (BN2 and BN51)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 4 February 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Birmingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the B, HR and WR postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.
London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Peterborough Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CB and PE postcode areas.
Romford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Thursday in the E, IG and RM postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Hanwell DO (W7)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 February 2022

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 5 February 2022. Visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for more information.

Sunday parcel deliveries and Priority Postbox collections for COVID-19 test kits are expected on 6 February.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open both Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

Hanwell DO (W7)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 7 February 2022

Air

Rail

Road
On Friday a vehicle travelling from our North West Hub to the National Distribution Centre arrived later than expected, this meant not all mail could be processed to schedule. As a result, some mail posted on Friday in the North West of England due for delivery Saturday to addressed across the rest of the UK, may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the weekend, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Romford Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the E, IG and RM postcode areas, due for delivery Saturday to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Saturday in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Manchester Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Saturday in the BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Hanwell DO (W7)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 8 February 2022

Air

Rail
Last night the train from the Princess Royal Distribution Centre arrived at the North East Mail Centre later than scheduled, due to an external fire delaying trains passing Darlington. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in parts of London and the South East scheduled for delivery today in the North East of England, may arrive later than planned.

Road

A vehicle carrying mail from the Princess Royal Distribution Centre departed late to Cardiff Mail Centre last night, due to an unexpected trailer shortage. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in parts of London and the South East scheduled for delivery today in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

Nottingham Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the DE and NG postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday across the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the BT postcode area.

Deliveries today

Chulmleigh DO (EX18)
Hanwell DO (W7)
Southend on Sea DO (SS0 to SS4, SS9 and SS22)