ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM 48 vs RM 24 - 2nd Class Parcels vs 1st Class Parcels

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Business15

RM 48 vs RM 24 - 2nd Class Parcels vs 1st Class Parcels

Post by Business15 »

DELETE THREAD PLEASE
Last edited by Business15 on 02 Sep 2021, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Business15

Re: RM 48 vs RM 24 - 2nd Class Parcels vs 1st Class Parcels

Post by Business15 »

Can any posties let me know please?
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

It's impossible to say, too many variables. And tbf we don't normally look at the post mark on the packets.

But 'average' would be around...

RM 24: 80% next day delivery and 2 lost large letters - other is 1st Class Signed For Large Letters that for some reason take usually 2 days 24hrs
RM 48: N/A (i do not use at the moment) 48hrs
1st Class Parcels: (i do not use at the moment) 24hrs
2nd Class Parcels: (i do not use at the moment) 48-56hrs

A large % would be what it says on the tin which is stating the obvious.
Unfortunately there are times when it all goes out of the window as you know.

RM 48, 2-3 days would mostly be deliverd in that time frame, a very large %, apart form exceptions as said when it all goes out the window.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

As a customer, I think that some areas are better than others. In particular, deliveries in London seem to take longer than average, but items collected from London are similar to other places. What this means is that if you ask posties for their personal experiences of where they work then you will get a picture which does not necessarily reflect the national average.

IIRC Royal Mail publish figures on this.
Business15

Post by Business15 »

Can a RM 48 or a 2nd Class Large Letter be delivered in 24 hours like RM 24 or is it always held back by 1 day?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Business15 wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 21:54
Can a RM 48 or a 2nd Class Large Letter be delivered in 24 hours like RM 24 or is it always held back by 1 day?
It can be delivered within 24 hours. The difference for Royal Mail is T24 is proritised before T48 so T24 will be processed faster on busier days as the T48 can be held over if traffic levels are high, and the resources are not in place.

In practice this means if there is not enough space on a wagon for both, then the T24 will take precedence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Business15

Post by Business15 »

Does a RM 24 Parcel with delivery confirmation only....., take priority over a 1st Class Parcel (not business) with delivery confirmation only?

Same question for RM 48 vs 1st Class Parcel (not business)

Also is a Business 1st Class Parcel classed as a priority vs a standard post office bought 1st Class Parcel? (both with delivery confirmation only)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Business15 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 12:52
Does a RM 24 Parcel with delivery confirmation only....., take priority over a 1st Class Parcel (not business) with delivery confirmation only?

Also is a Business 1st Class Parcel classed as a priority vs a standard post office bought 1st Class Parcel? (both with delivery confirmation only)
No, they are different streams so they are handled separately. The only time they are together is on the day they are due delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 08:41
Business15 wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 12:52

No, they are different streams so they are handled separately. The only time they are together is on the day they are due delivery.
Business 1C and non-business 1C are initially handled separating before heading to the inward MC together on the day it was posted. 2C gets processed on the day after it was posted