ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jubilee Mail Centre

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Jnpham1990

Jubilee Mail Centre

Post by Jnpham1990 »

Hi there,

I am asking on behalf of another. Is there a way to contact Jubilee MC that does not require calling as the number presented online seems to be incorrect.

The situation is that a lady tried to send an item to her daughter who resides at St Edmund Hall, Oxford and initially it seemed to be forwarded to the correct MC but for some reason was sent back to Jubilee MC probably by mistake. Based on the information provided by the track and trace, the item probably got stuck at the bottom of a mail sack as the tracking states the item was accepted at the Jubilee MC multiple times before the tracking ceased to be updated.

This is the tracking ref: NV 7646 7957 6GB

Any advice as to how to move forward would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Jubilee Mail Centre

Post by SpacePhoenix »

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-it ... 64679576GB

Comes up as delivered on the 21st April
Jnpham1990

Post by Jnpham1990 »

Yes, the item was delivered to the home address initially but the item was forwarded to the daughter in oxford not long afterwards. The mother went to enquire about the item at her local royal mail delivery office and the tracking used by the delivery office had additional tracking information.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Jnpham1990 wrote:
11 May 2021, 17:02
Based on the information provided by the track and trace, the item probably got stuck at the bottom of a mail sack as the tracking states the item was accepted at the Jubilee MC multiple times before the tracking ceased to be updated.
Er, no. RM can't scan it without taking it out of the sack. So, if it has been scanned then it definitely isn't stuck at the bottom of a sack. More likely there is some ambiguity over what the correct address is, for instance the original destination address hasn't been crossed out.

Also, ad hoc redirection of this type is something of a grey area.
Jnpham1990

Post by Jnpham1990 »

Ah ok, that was something I was unaware of. I would of thought RM had at least some form of automated scanning at the doorway unless I'm being too optimistic about the efficiency of RM's procedures.

If that is the case then the item has been passed between the inward mail centre and outward at Jubilee 4 times.

In the case of item being delivered already and then forwarded in the manner described, what would happen to the item? The tracking stopped on Tues 4th May so I can assume that someone at the mail centre has put it aside. Would the item be classified as a surcharge?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Are you sure you've posted the correct tracking number? The one you posted isn't showing as having passed between MCs 4 times. Royal Mail Signed For doesn't get scanned at all at any MC. Just when posted (if posted at a Post Office) and when delivery is attempted
Jnpham1990

Post by Jnpham1990 »

It is indeed the correct tracking number. The Track and Trace used by consumers shows limited information compared to the one currently used by royal mail delivery offices. When using the royal mail tracking page available to the public, it only shows that the item had been delivered to the original address as stated above. Whether or not Jubilee still has the item is at this point in time is just speculation. I was just hoping to gain some further insight in order to help the recipient.
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by nutcracker »

It’s probably a sackable offence to use Royal Mails internal IT systems to post on a public forum
Beanyjazz wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.
Jnpham1990

Post by Jnpham1990 »

Really?!
That's one of many things Royal Mail has failed to point out to me. I keep on having to find things out myself.

Thanks for the heads up.

So based on what others have said above, I assume the receipt would have to accept that their item is potentially lost. I mean hypothetically, if you were in that situation, what would you do and what options are available if any at all?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Just a quick scan of this It appears as though something has been accepted and then redirected.

Officially you can't do redirections without an official redirection (especially parcels), and even with letters if they have been opened we can't accept them.

Therefore if it entered the system again without an official redirection, and with no new postage, it's probably being delayed by 3 issues.

1. An unclear redirection - handwriting difficult to read, old address not obscured etc.
2. Being passed to the department to raise a surcharge on the item.
3. The Tracking number already being allocated to a completed delivery. In fact, this is probably the main issue that is causing the problems. A tracked item needs to be paid for and accepted at a post office.

I'll be frank, I think the customer (or postie if accepted from sender) has created this problem and they should have paid for a redirection, or have gone to a post office to pay for the item to be forwarded on.

It's about 10 to 15 years ago when changed from delivery to the individual to deliver as addressed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."