ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel sent next working day, proof of delivery and signature, BUT, I was given the wrong postcode......

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
cat9970

Parcel sent next working day, proof of delivery and signature, BUT, I was given the wrong postcode......

Post by cat9970 »

Hi
I hope someone can help. I sent a parcel to a friend and I have a tracking number. When I search the tracking number it says that the package was received at my local depot the day it was posted. As it didn't arrive in a few days (which was over a bank holiday also) I contacted Royal Mail Customer Services. I eventually got through to a very helpful lady who realised very quickly that the postcode was wrong. She said that it will go to and from for a while and hopefully someone will put the correct postcode on it as the address is correct. However, still saying the same on tracking it was posted on the 30/03/2021, so considerable time has passed. Should also add I didn't put my return address on the parcel :oops:
I have since found somewhere that the item may be returned to my local depot?
Any advice would be gratefully received

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Parcel sent next working day, proof of delivery and signature, BUT, I was given the wrong postcode......

Post by Snaggletooth »

If it undeliverable then it should go to the National Returns Centre eventually, where it will be opened to look for any way of identifying you.

The best way to get your item back is to submit a lost parcel form.

You should always add your return address. Apart from avoiding the issues here, for certain contents it is a criminal offence to send it without the sender's address.
cat9970

Re: Parcel sent next working day, proof of delivery and signature, BUT, I was given the wrong postcode......

Post by cat9970 »

That’s what the lady at customer services said but it takes ages apparently. So the bit about them sending it back to the original depot isn’t right then ?
Thanks for your response and advice :Very Happy
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

How would they know what your local depot is? RM don’t necessarily collect the sender’s details when posting (they might for some online services, but not if you send via a Post Office for instance). And you said you didn’t put your return address on there.

RM would send this to the National Returns Centre. Parcelforce however use a different system...
LinasK

Special delivery to DVLA by Royal mail

Post by LinasK »

Hello,
Anyone had problem with special delivery?
I last week send documents to DVLA with special delibevery, next day saturday 1st May received Swansea mail centre and tracking number showed ready for delivery today. 7 days and no changes, same- ready for delivery today.
I called royal mail customer service and they told me wait, because for Covid19 royal driver left parcel without signature and they didn't scan. I called to DVLA, they don't see my parcel.
Advice what to do next me? All this week was DVLA employees strike, is it possibility for strike driver couldn't post?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Business the size of the DVLA often get their mail direct from the local mail centre. They probably sign for anything that needs a signature in bulk
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Special delivery to DVLA by Royal mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

LinasK wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:42

All this week was DVLA employees strike
This will be the reason, its DVLA workers who accept the consignment, if they are on strike then there is no one to accept it.

It should be delivered when the strike is over.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
LinasK

Post by LinasK »

I hope so it will be truth, because i am afraid to loose my important documents.
Because delayed letters is returned to National return centre and destroyed.
But if it is special delivery, they should open envelope, find sender address and return letter to sender...
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

LinasK wrote:
09 May 2021, 17:24
I hope so it will be truth, because i am afraid to loose my important documents.
Because delayed letters is returned to National return centre and destroyed.
But if it is special delivery, they should open envelope, find sender address and return letter to sender...
They open everything and look for a return address, only destroying items that they can't locate the owner of. This applies whatever service is used.

If you put a return address on the item then it shouldn't end up at the NRC. If it does end up there, send in a lost mail form to fix it.
LinasK

Post by LinasK »

I would like your opinion:
Today 11 days when Swansea mail centre received my special delivery item, which should be sent to DVLA with my important documents.
Royal mail explained me: As it was received by their local office on the 1st we'd assume it has been delivered, as we don't get a delivered scan as they would have received this as part of a bulk delivery. If they haven't received it I'd recommend you to make claim.

Dvla - i called today and they still don't see my letter with application.

I made claim and start investigating by roayl mail.
Maybe you know investigation procedure? They should look for where is my item and if they will find to return to me? My address is inside envelope special delivery.

Thank you in advance