ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel Stuck at Customs Assessment for 2months..

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TCN

Parcel Stuck at Customs Assessment for 2months..

Post by TCN »

Hi All,

Another HWDC Langley query! I had a parcel sent from Thailand to the UK on the 9th March 2021. It arrived at Langley HWDC on the 13th March and no movement since. It has almost been two months since arriving in the UK. I have spoken to customs via an online webchat who stated my parcel is in for assessment and will update once it has been completed.

But is this meant to take 2 months? There is nothing prohibited since I ordered a similar electronic product, similar in the sense it is the same make just different models, from the USA (before this one) and Turkey (after this parcel) and got them through customs just fine and it passed through same day.

I'm just concerned that it has been almost 2 months and I have not heard anything, not even a custom invoice or anything. Is anyone able to advise what may be going on and how best to get it moving? I have contacted the seller to see if they can do anything with their local post office but customs are just telling me to wait and RM are staying as it has not been released to them, they are unable to investigate.

Tracking no: LX074009280TH

Thanks!!

macstar

Re: Parcel Stuck at Customs Assessment for 2months..

Post by macstar »

Hello,
I am in the same boat. Parcel stuck there since the 16th of March. If anyone has any information I would love to hear it too!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

To the OP when I tracked your item it came up with a status I have never seen before https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LX074009280TH
Item at UK customs. Your item has been presented to Customs on 13-03-2021 for assessment. More information will be available once the assessment is complete
So I would say there is some question over what ever is in the parcel. Perhaps if you described what is inside that MIGHT help.

But it could also be just down to the increase in work Customs have had since Brexit changed the rules/systems. On RMC we have seen items come out after some considerable time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
macstar

Post by macstar »

Hello, my tracking number is LP131169287GB. It seems to be stuck in Langley since the 16th of March. If you are able to give me any update it would be super! Thank you.
TCN

Post by TCN »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
07 May 2021, 07:11
To the OP when I tracked your item it came up with a status I have never seen before https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LX074009280TH
Item at UK customs. Your item has been presented to Customs on 13-03-2021 for assessment. More information will be available once the assessment is complete
So I would say there is some question over what ever is in the parcel. Perhaps if you described what is inside that MIGHT help.

But it could also be just down to the increase in work Customs have had since Brexit changed the rules/systems. On RMC we have seen items come out after some considerable time.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply.
Its a Tamagotchi which is a Japanese virtual pet. The seller is a collector and I wouldn't imagine that it would be labelled incorrectly.. It would have been sent in oringal packaging without batteries.

Its just strange that I've had Tamagotchi's come from the US and Turkey and have passed through customs same day! I'm keeping hope that it is not missing!