ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Issues at Warrington MC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
shalefig

Issues at Warrington MC

Post by shalefig »

Hi
Waiting on a Special Delivery item sent from Amazon, scanned at Warrington Mail Centre on Thursday 29th April, due to be delivered on Friday, but no show, told by RM CS should be delivered today, however on checking tracking there's been no update at all to the package since Thursday.
Are there any current issues at Warrington MC? I could be more understanding if CS had said for example "mass outbreak of food poisoning/COVID/norovirus" "sorting machine break down" "power cut to the site" etc but instead all I'm getting is "if it hasn't arrived by the 15th of May then contact your supplier" Come on I could accept that for second class mail, but for Special Delivery its not really a great look from where I stand.

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Issues at Warrington MC

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number so that we can see all the tracking entries (including the times of the scans)?
shalefig

Post by shalefig »

Thanks for the reply, requested info below

Tracking no. NY360237458GB

Copy and paste from RM site below

We've got it

Tracking no. NY360237458GB

We have your item at Warrington MC.

Updated on: Thursday 29 April

02:41pm
Item received at Warrington MC
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

That is really weird - Special Deliveries usually operate on a clear office principle so it should show some movement at least.

I would annoy Amazon as well perhaps they can put some pressure on the managers to investigate this. It will also allow them, or the sender if 3rd party, to claim at least the cost of the postage back, if not more with the right cover.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
shalefig

Post by shalefig »

Thanks for the reply, It's direct from Amazon (they sent the rest of the order via their own couriers and that turned up the next day)

Not to cast aspersions but I get the sinking feeling one of the following has happened - 1) its fallen behind something, 2) its stuck to another parcel, 3) its been stolen by a rogue staff member (as every organisation sadly has) or 4) its a bank holiday weekend and warrington have all gone home (thats a joke btw no offence intended I know you guys work hard)

Amazon are due to call me back as I asked for an escalation, but not holding my breath as the CS person I spoke to was somewhere outside the UK (accent was hard to pin down) and it's often a tactic to get rid of you, told Amazon to either refund me or replace the items via their own couriers and take the missing package up with RM and that waiting until the 14th of May for it to be deemed as lost was unacceptable. Also gave CS at RM a few choice words about them being so blase about a SD item being missing, Just a headache I don't really need right now lol....
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Under the distance selling regulations, which are applicable to everyone selling stuff in the UK, its up to Amazon to sort the issue with you, and Amazon to sort it with Royal Mail.

Perhaps if you need to speak to them again, mention of the "Distance Selling regulations" will help. https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance- ... businesses
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
shalefig

Post by shalefig »

Thanks
I'd forgotten about that as well as the Consumer Rights Act
Methinks I'm going to have to ring them again tomorrow if they don't get back to me as agreed
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

Another thing that may have happened is the label has fell off the parcel (possibly became stuck to another packet), therefore RM don’t know where to forward it to. In that case they would return to item to Amazon, who should update their records and contact you/resend the item. This may take a few days, bearing in mind the bank holiday weekend. Just a thought.
shalefig

Post by shalefig »

Amazon are going to resend
Its odd as Amazons labels usually don't come off, they seem to use the strongest adhesive ever devised...
Thanks tho
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

shalefig wrote:
03 May 2021, 14:15
Amazon are going to resend
Its odd as Amazons labels usually don't come off, they seem to use the strongest adhesive ever devised...
Thanks tho
Speaking as someone who works in a mail centre, I can assure you Amazon labels DO come off, more often than you’d think. Some of their cardboard boxes fall apart too!

Glad you got sorted!
shalefig

Post by shalefig »

The plot thickens....
Original package is now at Post Office HQ on the Isle of Man.....why the heck is it there?
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

That is quite bizarre! May I ask, in which postcode area do you live, ie where was the parcel supposed to be delivered to?
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by nutcracker »

Unless the poster lives near Edinburgh I’m guessing there’s a problem with the address label and the item is being returned to amazon in Dunfermline
Beanyjazz wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

nutcracker wrote:
05 May 2021, 00:49
Unless the poster lives near Edinburgh I’m guessing there’s a problem with the address label and the item is being returned to amazon in Dunfermline
Well it’s now at Kirriemuir DD8, which I assume was its intended destination. Evidently mis-sorted to the Isle of Man, but not sure why it took a while to get there.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

I guess Isle of Man and Edinburgh MC are close to each other on the drop bag frame - human error.

Tracking says they got it today