ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
AnouarNahal

LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received

Post by AnouarNahal »

Hello, I'm ANOUAR from Morocco

I sent something to go to the state of Australia and it was sent to the state of Britain, but the problem remains that a product is delayed in this place that has not moved

Do you have a solution what should I do? How long does it take for a tracking number to move?

tracking number is this? as in the picture

RR999104286MA

And this as well

RR999104618MA

RRRRRRRRRRRR.png

Thank you[/b]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received

Post by Snaggletooth »

There is nothing you can do about this other than wait. The mistake should be spotted and the item forwarded to Australia.

The tracking might stop working. The system is not built for items going from one country to another via a third, and sometimes the tracking doesn't work on the second leg.
Debs810

Post by Debs810 »

Can someone please help or advise.
I posted an International parcel on the 18th. Special delivery tracked/signed.
It has had no tracking or movement since the 18th of July.
I am feeling really worried about it.

Tracking number RN851105811GB

Id be so grateful for any advice and help
Thank you so much x
Debs810

Post by Debs810 »

Sorry tracking is RN851105611GB
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Debs810 wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 16:00
Sorry tracking is RN851105611GB
It’s going to Russia, so three potential problems:

1. There might be checks for sanctions issues, this could extend the time before it gets on a plane.
2. Given the tit-for-tat cancellation of flights between the two countries a few months ago, RM might have a wait to get it on a flight.
3. Regardless of the above, Russia has a long and (ahem) “eccentric” list of prohibitions & restrictions, it might have been stopped by RM for a suspected infringement of these.

On the last point, what did you send?

BTW this is not Special Delivery, that can only be used for internal UK mail. The tracking record says that you used International Tracked & Signed.
AnouarNahal

Post by AnouarNahal »

No it is not wrong

There is no direct plane from Morocco to Australia. It must pass through Britain and then Australia
Hanif Brunei

Post by Hanif Brunei »

Dear Sir or Madam,

A registered letter was sent from the UK to me in Brunei on 25July. A day later the tracking shows that it reached Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC.
But since then it has not moved on at all. Could you possibly assist? Tracking number: RU774115027GB , Service used: International Signed, Tracking History : Tuesday 26 July 2022 23:49 Item Received by Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC

Thanks in advance
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

This is not an official site. So we can’t do anything, only advise.

This item has been stuck at Langley for an excessively long time. The two most common reasons for this are:

There is a shortage of flights or RM is unable to secure space on a flight;
There is something inside the package that contravenes UK postal laws and / or Brunei’s customs rules.

On the last point, what exactly did you send?
Hanif Brunei

Post by Hanif Brunei »

The letter contained only a new bank debit card. There are direct non-stop flights from Heathrow to Brunei, so the mail should be faster.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Hanif Brunei wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 20:44
There are direct non-stop flights from Heathrow to Brunei, so the mail should be faster.
Non-stop flights are good, as long as RM can buy space on them. There is a shortage of capacity in international cargo at the moment.
Hanif Brunei wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 20:44
The letter contained only a new bank debit card.
I think we have found the problem.

All UK credit & debit cards used to have a disclaimer on the back that said that the card remains the property of the bank. I just checked the three cards in my back pocket, only one of them carries that disclaimer now, but the point still stands.

Clearly it is fine to send things in the mail if the legal owner is either the sender or the recipient. But if the legal owner is neither the sender nor the recipient of the package, that is a red flag. Normally it would be impossible to tell, but if you have the legal owner's name printed on the card itself...
Hanif Brunei

Post by Hanif Brunei »

Dear Snaggletooth,

Your kind explanation much appreciated. Curiously, I only opted to have a relative forward me the Debit card for the reason that when the bank (HSBC) sent the previous card direct to me in Brunei, it never arrived and without access to the trace, I had no idea why. So I am in rather a Catch22 situation.

Out of curiosity, any idea what the customs or Royal mail would do with the held up letter, as they obviously have not returned it to sender? Would they likely destroy it?

Thank you for your patience

Hanif
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

it's possible they could destroy it, but with a bank card I think they would return it to the bank.

However, I doubt the bank has any way of tracking it, I would contact them for advice they may just cancel the "lost" one and reissue a replacement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."