ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thursday 5 May 2022

Movement of mail through our network
Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Last night there was a technical issue with the aicraft due to fly from Edinburgh to East Midlands airport. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in parts of Central and Southern Scotland, due for delivery today in the Midlands, South West, North of England, Wales and Northern Ireland may arrive later than planned.

Also the flight from East Midlands to Edinburgh arrived later than scheduled last night, due to a technical issue with the aircraft. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in parts of the Midlands, South West, North of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, due for delivery today in parts of Central and Southern Scotland may arrived later than planned.

The aircraft due to fly from Edinburgh to Stanstead experienced fuelling delays last night, which meant the mail was forwarded via our road network. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in Central and Southern Scotland, due for delivery today in parts of London, the South of England and Northern Ireland may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Last night the vehicle carrying mail from the National Distribution Centre to Medway Mail Centre departed later than scheduled. This was due to the delayed on arrival of the vehicle, as there were juction closures and a diversion on the M1. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday, due to for delivery today in the CT, DA, ME and TN ostcode areas may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas.
Romford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the E, IG and RM postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today
Deliveries are operating as normal across the UK today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices, this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as COVID-related self-isolation, high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases, we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here:

Chulmleigh DO (EX18)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 6 May 2022

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.
Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas.

Deliveries today
Deliveries are operating as normal across the UK today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices, this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as COVID-related self-isolation, high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases, we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here:

Chulmleigh DO (EX18)
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 May 2022

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 7 May 2022. Visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for more information. Sunday parcel deliveries are expected on Sunday 8 May.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open both Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we've left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for You' card, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our Customer Service Point locations and opening hours.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 9 May 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 10 May 2022

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours, with one exception: Last night’s air service from East Midlands airport to Belfast airport was cancelled due to technical issues. As a result, some items posted yesterday from the Midlands, South West England, North of England and Wales, due to be delivered today in Northern Ireland, may arrive later than scheduled.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 11 May 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Thetford DO (IP24, IP25 and IP26)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 12 May 2022

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Gatwick Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the BN and RH postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Thetford DO (IP24, IP25 and IP26)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 13 May 2022

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the last 24 hours, with this exception: Due to technical issues, the flights between Jersey and East Midlands airports were cancelled and mail transferred to contingency services. As a result, some mail posted yesterday to Jersey from other parts of the UK and vice versa, may arrive later than expected.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Cardiff Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CF, LD and NP postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Swansea Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the SA postcode area, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 May 2022

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 14 May 2022. Visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for more information. Sunday parcel deliveries are expected on Sunday 15 May.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open both Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we've left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for their opening times.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 16 May 2022

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the weekend, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Home Counties North Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 17 May 2022

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours with the following exception. Due to an incident in the Doncaster area, services on the east coast main line between London and Newcastle were delayed. As a result, some mail posted on Monday in London and the South East of England, due for delivery today to addresses in the North East of England, and some mail posted on Monday in the North East of England due for delivery today to addresses in London and the South East of England, may arrive later than expected.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the past 24 hoursd.

Mail Centres

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 18 May 2022

Air

Rail
Our rail network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule during the last 24 hour period, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Tyneside Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the DH, DL, NE, SR and TS postcode areas.

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 19 May 2022

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the past 24 hoursd.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule during the last 24 hour period, and as a result some mail may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.
Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Wednesday from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the BT postcode area.

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 20 May 2022

Air
Our air network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours with one exception. A flight from East Midlands to Exeter arrived late due to a technical issue with the aircraft, missing some onward connections. As a result, some mail posted on Thursday in the Midlands and North of England and North Wales, due for delivery today to addresses in the far South West of England, may arrive later than expected.

Rail

Road
Our road network operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres

Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 May 2022

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 21 May 2022. Visit royalmail.com/services-near-you for more information. Sunday parcel deliveries are expected on Sunday 22 May.

Deliveries today

Latchingdon SPDO (CM3 6)