ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Claim for Delayed Mail - where posted?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
simmo11

Claim for Delayed Mail - where posted?

Post by simmo11 »

Making a claim - out of principle - for a Christmas Card mailed on 18.12.2021 and delivered today. From North to South Manchester.

I posted the item at my DO where they printed me a label as per the advertised service.

This is not listed as an option on the claim form under "place of posting".

Does anyone have an idea of what I should select? Post Box?

Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Claim for Delayed Mail - where posted?

Post by Lockardian »

Yes, I would choose either “post office” or “post box” because this then opens another box where you can free type the location of the post office or post box. In this box I would write “item handed in at xx DO, xxx Street, Manchester”.
simmo11

Re: Claim for Delayed Mail - where posted?

Post by simmo11 »

Thanks. I already submitted along the lines you suggest, but appreciate the contribution.

Surprised to get a letter today with 6 1st class stamps as compensation. Thought it would take longer. DO concerned has been on problem list for several weeks now, maybe they're just putting claims for these offices straight through? Last Christmas I got a cheque for a delayed Special which took about 6 weeks.