ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

North West Midlands MC?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
esti

North West Midlands MC?

Post by esti »

Hi all,

I wondered if you might be able to help me in working out what is happening to a package I'm receiving.

According to Royal Mail it was out for delivery in my local area of London, but then marked as 'incorrect address' and 'returned to sender' and then 2 weeks later it was delivered to the North West Midlands MC.

I called Royal Mail but they couldn't tell me any other information about the package other than what I could see on the tracking. It has been a week since it arrived at the NW Midlands MC.

Is there a way I can contact the sorting office itself to ask them to locate the package to give them the correct address?

I wondered why it has gone to the NW Midlands MC, when if it was going to be returned to sender would it not make the same journey back to the US from how it came into the country? i.e. go to the Princes Royal DC as it did when it came into the country?

Many thanks for your help,
Steve

Full info:
It was sent from the US via DHL (tracking: ESUS35410932)
Then with Yun Express (tracking: YT2105421365000262)
Then with Royal Mail upon entering the UK (tracking: WL131215914GB)

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: North West Midlands MC?

Post by Snaggletooth »

Royal Mail will send it back to the point at which it enterred the mail system. The last tracking number you supplied ends with 'GB'. That indicates that the item was posted in the UK.

Some overseas sellers send multiple parcels over here as a single pallet / container / whatever, then disaggregate them and put them in the mail system. There could be any number of places doing this, but in practice most of them seem to be posted outwards at Atherstone.

It looks to me like this is what has happened with your parcel. In which case, it's return journey may well be complete, at least as far as RM is concerned.

If this was a UK seller, you could simply claim back from them under the distance selling rules. This gets a lot more complicated with overseas sellers, but your first port of call is still to claim from the seller, maybe followed by a credit card chargeback. As a last resort, you could try sending in a lost mail claim form, it might work.
esti

Post by esti »

Snaggletooth wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:17
Royal Mail will send it back to the point at which it enterred the mail system. The last tracking number you supplied ends with 'GB'. That indicates that the item was posted in the UK.

Some overseas sellers send multiple parcels over here as a single pallet / container / whatever, then disaggregate them and put them in the mail system. There could be any number of places doing this, but in practice most of them seem to be posted outwards at Atherstone.

It looks to me like this is what has happened with your parcel. In which case, it's return journey may well be complete, at least as far as RM is concerned.

If this was a UK seller, you could simply claim back from them under the distance selling rules. This gets a lot more complicated with overseas sellers, but your first port of call is still to claim from the seller, maybe followed by a credit card chargeback. As a last resort, you could try sending in a lost mail claim form, it might work.
Hi, Thanks for replying. It was sent through eBay's global shipping program, which means the seller in the US sends the package to eBays GSP HQ in California and they forward it to the UK. So perhaps DHL consolidated lots of parcels from eBay, and when it got to the UK it got assigned a new tracking number with Royal Mail coming into the country. If its going back to where it entered the UK system, it should go back to Princes Royal DC, which is why I'm confused as to why it's gone to the Midlands MC.

Is there a way to contact the NW MiIdlands MC directly?

eBay have already offered me a refund, but the contents of the package are very rare so I would like to try to tell Royal Mail that I have the tracking number and I have the correct address, so can they send it to my dearest depot and I can collect. I would have thought there must be some way to do this?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

esti wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 22:20
If its going back to where it entered the UK system, it should go back to Princes Royal DC, which is why I'm confused as to why it's gone to the Midlands MC.
I was assuming that the return address was the same as the point it was sent from. Of course, that isn't necessarily true, so it has probably gone back to the return address.
esti wrote:
Is there a way to contact the NW MiIdlands MC directly?
No.
esti wrote:
eBay have already offered me a refund, but the contents of the package are very rare so I would like to try to tell Royal Mail that I have the tracking number and I have the correct address, so can they send it to my dearest depot and I can collect. I would have thought there must be some way to do this?
In theory, you could use a P58inland claim form, as mentioned in my previous post. However, the last tracking point is this:
Tracking no. WL131215914GB
Your item was delivered on 19-03-2021.
This means that it is back with the sender, and Royal Mail cannot do anything with it.
gtrichas

Post by gtrichas »

Hi,
Did you manage to sort this out? I am facing a similar problem with the same mailing centre where my package was incorrectly scanned as delivered.
Thanks,
George
vmaratty

Post by vmaratty »

Hi
not sure if I am posting in the right place but I sent a signed for letter 22/9/21. It was signed for the next day by someone at NWMMC and appears 'stuck' there. How can I get it sent on to its destination as it is very important

Cheers

Vin
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

You would have to complain to Royal Mail.

Are you sure it hasn't reached it's destination, though? If you sent it to a company who have a PO box based there then it may have actually got to where it is meant to go. And given that it is Signed For, we wouldn't expect many scans before reaching it's final destination.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What's the tracking number?

Is it going to a government department or firm who'd likely received many hundreds of item that need signing for each day?