ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Invalid label

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
therealist

Invalid label

Post by therealist »

Hi, Would it not be mail fraud if a business user intentionally sent out invalid returns postage labels, assumingly relying on parcels to be returned undelivered with the return address their own? Not sure if this is what the seller is trying to do but I'm not dropping it in a post box after the P.O . counter have told me it's not valid!!

WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Invalid label

Post by WASD »

If it was intentional and proven so by evidence of repeated successful returns then i expect so.

However it could be a scapegoat to avoid having parcels returned at a cost to the seller, and the buyer is forced to pay their own postage. Though i'm unsure with a prepaid tracked item where a parcel would end up if you put it in a post box. Lightly the seller would ignore a notification about unpaid postage anyway.

Last time i checked distant selling regulations had to cover postage costs both ways, but there may be some caveat as not many places offer free returns.

Probably best to inform seller of the issue and see if they can rectify it. You can inform RM via their website if they're not playing ball.