ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Saturday 24 July and Sunday 25 July 2021

General Overview
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 24 July. There are no collections on Sunday 25 July. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Deliveries today
Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol North (BS6, BS7)
Bristol South East (BS4, BS14)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Ferndown (BH22)
Kingswood (BS15, BS30)
Middleton (M24)
Newton Abbot (TQ12, TQ13)
Plympton (PL7)
Rochdale (OL11, OL12, OL13, OL14, OL15, OL16)
Southport (PR8)
Worthing DO (BN11, BN12, BN13, BN14)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 26 July 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Movement of mail through our network

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule over the weekend. The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Dorset Mail Centre: Some mail posted over the weekend in the BH and DT postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol North (BS6, BS7)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Ferndown (BH22)
Kingswood (BS15, BS30)
Middleton (M24)
Plympton (PL7)
Southport (PR8)
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 27 July 2021

General Overview

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible, please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule last night. The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted across the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CM, CO, IP and SS postcode areas.

Chester Mail Centre: Some mail posted across the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CH, LL and SY postcode areas.

Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted across the UK on Monday, due for delivery today to addresses in the BT postcode area.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol North (BS6, BS7)
Chorley (PR6)
Enfield (EN1, EN2, EN3)
Ferndown (BH22)
Kingswood (BS15, BS30)
Middleton (M24)
Southport (PR8)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 28 July 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the past 24 hours with the following exception. Poor visibility at Stornoway and Benbecula airports delayed the flight from Inverness on Tuesday 27 July. As a result, some mail posted from across the UK, due for delivery today to addresses in the Western Isles and the Hebrides may arrive later than expected.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Tuesday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today to addresses across the rest of the UK.

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted from across the UK on Tuesday, due for delivery today to addresses in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions and are listed below when appropriate.

Bath (BA1, BA2)
Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol North (BS6, BS7)
Chorley (PR6)
Ferndown (BH22)
Kingswood (BS15, BS30)
Middleton (M24)
Southport (PR8)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 29 July 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Ferndown (BH22)
Kingswood (BS15, BS30)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 30 July 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the past 24 hours.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 31 July and Sunday 1 August 2021

General Overview
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 31 July. There are no collections on Sunday 1 August. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday2 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road
On Friday night a vehicle travelling from Warrington arrived late into the South Western Distribution Centre, following delays on the M5. As a result, some mail posted in parts of the North West of England and North Wales on Friday for delivery on Saturday in the South West may arrive later than planned.

On Friday night a vehicle travelling to Warrington from London's Princess Royal Distribution Centre departed late, as a result, some mail posted in parts of London and the South East on Friday for delivery on Saturday in parts of the North West of England and North Wales may arrive later than expected.

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the last 24 hours, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Dorset Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the BH and DT postcode areas, delivery on Saturday in other parts of the UK.

Preston Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in the BB, FY, LA and PR postcode areas, for delivery on Saturday in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 3 August 2021

General Overview

Air
Our air services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
Our rail services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Chelmsford Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery toay in the CM, CO, IP and SS postcode areas.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 4 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 5 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Exeter Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the EX and TQ postcode areas.

Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Chorley (PR6)
Middleton (M24)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 6 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road

Exeter Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the EX and TQ postcode areas.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol South (BS3, BS14 and BS41)
Chorley (PR6)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 7 August and Sunday 8 August 2021

General Overview

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 7 August. There are no collections on Sunday 8 August. Deliveries may be disrupted in some areas due to resourcing issues in a small number of our delivery offices. Please see the 'Deliveries today' section below.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you for their opening times.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol East (BS5)
Chorley (PR6)
Plympton (PL7)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 9 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road
On Saturday a vehicle scheduled to carry mail from the National Distribution Centre to the South Midlands Mail Centre was delayed. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the rest of the UK, due for delivery in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Mail Centres
The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

London Central Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Swindon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol East (BS5)
Chorley (PR6)
Plympton (PL7)

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 10 August 2021

General Overview

Air

Rail

Road
A vehicle travelling to our Atherstone Distribution Centre missed the scheduled service last night. As a result of this, a small amount of mail posted in parts of the North East of England, due for delivery today in the South East of England and the Midlands, may arrive later than expected.

There were some reported issues at our National Distribution Centre (NDC) last night due to the unexpected closure of junction 14-15 on the M1. An overview of these issues and how they affect service appears below:

Road services to Jubilee and Romford Mail Centres departed late as a result of arriving late in to NDC initially. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK for delivery today in the GU, KT, SW, TW, E, IG and RM postcode areas may arrive later than planned.

Due to the M1 road closures, multiple vehicles arrived late from Croydon (BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas), Manchester (BL, M, OL and SK postcode areas) and Medway (CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas). As a result, some mail posted yesterday from these areas for delivery today in other parts of the UK is likely to arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres

The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule over the weekend, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Croydon Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the BR, CR, SE and SM postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.
Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas.
Plymouth Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the the rest of the UK yesterday, due for delivery today in the PL postcode area.
South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery today in the rest of the UK.

Deliveries today

Blackpool (FY1-FY6)
Bristol East (BS5)
Chorley (PR6)
Plympton (PL7)