ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

tracked 48 with signature - has not moved for the past 4 days

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Ollie11

tracked 48 with signature - has not moved for the past 4 days

Post by Ollie11 »

Hello,

Does anybody else have problems with the Royal Mail tracked 48 service tracking and delivery? One of the parcels I have posted last Wednesday on the 16.06.2021 has not moved since the 18.06.2021. Still showing it's in Bristol MC. Royal Mail customer services have only advised to file a claim. I have an obligations to my customers, why can't the royal mail try to locate a large box within a mail centre?

yellowbelly

Re: tracked 48 with signature - has not moved for the past 4 days

Post by yellowbelly »

Ollie11 wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 13:31
Hello,

..... I have an obligations to my customers, why can't the royal mail try to locate a large box within a mail centre?
Sorry to hear about your problem, even though the scan says it's at Bristol it might not be, it might have moved
elsewhere by accident without being scanned, the label might have become illegible or detached. Sometimes
a cage or bag of parcels just gets put in a corner, hidden by other equipment and missed by accident, I've seen it
at my local city centre delivery office.

Hopefully it is still labeled and in the system and will be located and directed on its way, but do as advised and file a claim.
I'm surprised they've said claim already though, RM website says they'll only look at a claim seven working days
after the due delivery date.

That said, the only way RM (management) will improve processes and equipment is if it hurts them in the pocket.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Ollie11 wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 13:31
why can't the royal mail try to locate a large box within a mail centre?
To be frank Royal Mail handled nearly half 2 billion parcels during Covid (and we are still above average for pre-covid).

So whilst I sympathise with your point of view that it should not be hard to find 1 parcel, but then consider that means 6.4 million parcels in the system on a single day (on average) and with 37 Mail Centres they have an average of 200,000 parcels each to deal with, it starts to become a needle and haystack situation.

Also when they suggest making a claim, this doesn't mean they have given up. It can mean if you give a good description of the parcel, including relevant addresses, they might be able to recover it and send it on or send it back.

My advice would indeed include making a claim for just those reasons.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Ollie11

Post by Ollie11 »

Many thanks for your reply.

I have taken the photos of the parcel before posting as I always do with any of my parcels but doubtful it will be even looked at by the claims department. Their response was quite standard in the past – your lost parcel is just a small % of the delivered parcels.
Unfortunately, it is not a small % from the parcels I have posted. Out of the 20 parcels posted this month – 1 lost in the UK (tracked 48 with signature) and 1 international posted by Royal Mail tracked and signed service.