ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Waiting List

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
em17

Waiting List

Post by em17 »

Hi everyone,

I recently attended an interview for the position of postperson with driving.

Unfortunately I was unsuccessful but I did pass the required standard, and put onto the waiting list.

I’ve now applied for 2 more jobs at different delivery offices for the same position and I’ve received the emails asking me to complete the online assessments again.

I was under the impression that I wouldn’t have to re-take the assessment due to being on the waiting list. Or does it mean that I can only apply to the same delivery office for the same job?

Thanks in advance.

Caesar

Re: Waiting List

Post by Caesar »

You shouldn’t have to do the assessment again unless things have changed in the last couple of years.
em17

Post by em17 »

Caesar wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 15:39
You shouldn’t have to do the assessment again unless things have changed in the last couple of years.
Thanks for the reply. That’s what I thought. But with no contact details for anyone, and a 24 hour window to do the assessments I’m unsure about what to do?
Rosie242

Post by Rosie242 »

I’ve have this exact same problem, what was the outcome? Did you do the test again? I’ve ignored the email asking me to do the assessments as I’m on the waiting list but haven’t heard anything back. It’s so confusing!
Dexydog

Post by Dexydog »

I honestly don'y know how they recruit anyone.
It was 4 months from applying to first my day, suddenly received an email with a start date the following week.
No correspondence in between and no-one to contact.
Most people would have found another job and not bother turning up.
Welcome to the weird and wacky world of Royal Mail.
To the OP, just keep doing the assessments if the system will let you, and cross your fingers.