ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What to wear, no uniform

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Scojen

What to wear, no uniform

Post by Scojen »

Hi,
I’m starting with Royal Mail on Monday, training day in Glasgow which is normal clothes but what about the Tuesday in the local office? I’ve not had my contract through so no employee number to be able to order uniform. Should I be going out and buying stuff to wear, shoes etc and what’s allowed?
Thank you

Pumpernickel

Re: What to wear, no uniform

Post by Pumpernickel »

What are you starting in?
Delivery or sorting?
Scojen

Post by Scojen »

Oh sorry 🤦🏼‍♀️ delivery 😊
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Wear anything so long as its not gaudy, political or branded for a competitor.

Shoes or trainers are fine as long as they have good support and are comfortable. You will be walking a lot of miles.

I recommend not wearing jeans as they absorb water too much and can cause discomfort when wet from rain or sweat

Take a light jacket and hat/cap in case it rains.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Something with several pockets, ideally on the thigh, and take a few pens. I have destroyed trainers in under a week by thinking a cheap pair would do!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.