ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked items in the dark

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Peejay8T8

Tracked items in the dark

Post by Peejay8T8 »

Hi. As a new starter I'm looking for some advice. Having to work the occasional 11.24-7pm shifts it is dark by 4.30 most days. I've been doing my letters then doing the packets second so I can read the letters in the daylight. There seems to be a priority on delivering tracked/special/redelivery items and I often end up going over (which I don't want to do). I can't seem to get a straight answer from my Managers/Union Reps. I just wondered if I'd land myself in trouble by bringing tracked/special/redelivery items back at my cut off time? TIA

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Tracked items in the dark

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

There is an procedure agreed between the Union and Royal Mail called overrunning deliveries - we have a copy in downloads. But basically if you think you are going to go over then approach the manager. If you want and can claim overtime, or you can't and don't want to then the manager makes the decision or authorises it.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40#p180740
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Tracked items in the dark

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Specials should always be attempted, even if it means breaking off the route to get them attempted before the deadline (can't remember the current deadlines off-hand)