ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

From agency to RM employment, is it possible?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Draculavet

Post by Draculavet »

Hi, guys!
I was a postie for 3 years, then had to resign due to family issues 10 months ago.
Now everything has been resolved and I am trying to get back in.
I keep applying and always get an automated response: unsuccessful on this occasion.
I know hundreds of people are applying at the moment, and HR are not looking at the CV's until last selection of 10 candidates, preferrably with the sane postcode and perfect score on the hazard perception test.
I even contacted the recruitment on Facebook, to adk if anyone is looking at the applications at all?They just wished me "Good luck"!
Now there is a position for a driver through an agency and they promise me RM will hire me at the end of the Christmas season, if I am a hard worker, of course.
Any of you has seen a person hired in deliveries as a postperson with driving after being contracted by Manpower initially?!?
It is worth mentioning that my old managers said the only way is to apply online on the RM website, but this year is a bit different because of the coronavirus and they are desperate for drivers.
Anybody know anything? Is the agency lying?
Thank you in advance and stay safe!

Janet Brum

Post by Janet Brum »

As far as I know the best way is to speak directly to the Dom at your old office, he can find an opening in other offices if he has none.

Getting a postie job directly with RM through an agency might be a bit difficult as far as I know, actually I never heard of it happening.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Now there is a position for a driver through an agency and they promise me RM will hire me at the end of the Christmas season, if I am a hard worker, of course.
Sorry but that is bullshit, there is no way they would know that.
Times have changed and yes in the old days it was possible to get in after being a casual, while it's probably not impossible depending on haveing a lucky area, it's a bit rare.
But.....you never know.
If you are out of work go for it, you have nothing to lose.

EDIT: Just rembered, the 2nd most famous and 2nd most hardworking peep on here started as a xmas casual, so, like I said, you never know...
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I started as a Christmas casual. Offerred a part time contract and then applied for a full time job when a barsteward of a duty came up.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
FRS178

Re: From agency to RM employment, is it possible?

Post by FRS178 »

I'm not sure about your specific position but I've been an Angard casual since start of COVID.

Now got three interviews for different roles within the organisation, I believe it's my experience as a casual which may have swayed it.

I've had a fair few rejects too.

Obvs had to apply as per normal. Good luck! :)
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

There were a large number of Christmas casuals employed as posties last spring, whether that will happen again next spring is really anybody's guess, as this year as a bit of a freak year due to COVID/lockdown leading to increased parcel deliveries.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

TopperGas wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 17:39
There were a large number of Christmas casuals employed as posties last spring, whether that will happen again next spring is really anybody's guess, as this year as a bit of a freak year due to COVID/lockdown leading to increased parcel deliveries.
Yep, we had some taken on as well. if RM ever took away our casuals and agency, we'd be well and truly f**ked, as we'd end up failing massively, every day, especially during the autumn and winter
ArtG

Post by ArtG »

I, along with about 10 or 11 others were taken on as casuals last November. About 6 of us were kept on after Christmas and 5 eventually got taken on in April on 27.5 hours of whom 2 have since quit. The pending revision is seeing hours being increased, in my case to 30.
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Why are Royal Mail failing their obligatory regulations and duties when in my office we have plenty of agency staff who want a job,day after day i see walks not going out ,cut offs,skips full of d2d's (which customers have paid for which i'm sure do not know their's is in the skip)Birthday cards and occasion cards 3 or 4 days late.All they are interested in is making sure you deliver the stuff they can get caught out on,what i would like to know is who is making these decisions,line managers,Dom's or is it coming from higher up as i'm sure the public would like to know.Its not covid as we have plenty of bodies who would love a job ,they have not replaced anybody in the last 12 months and at the moment we have no reserves to cover holidays so when that happens they just leave the walk for 3 days then ask people to do overtime.if i'm honest i hate the way customers are being treated after paying good money for a service.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

guardianangel wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 08:02
Why are Royal Mail failing their obligatory regulations and duties when in my office we have plenty of agency staff who want a job,day after day i see walks not going out ,cut offs,skips full of d2d's (which customers have paid for which i'm sure do not know their's is in the skip)Birthday cards and occasion cards 3 or 4 days late.All they are interested in is making sure you deliver the stuff they can get caught out on,what i would like to know is who is making these decisions,line managers,Dom's or is it coming from higher up as i'm sure the public would like to know.Its not covid as we have plenty of bodies who would love a job ,they have not replaced anybody in the last 12 months and at the moment we have no reserves to cover holidays so when that happens they just leave the walk for 3 days then ask people to do overtime.if i'm honest i hate the way customers are being treated after paying good money for a service.
Why would DOM's collectively decide nationwide not to recruit new postie/leave post in the frames for days, it's got to have been a decision made higher up the managerial chain?
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Doms get big bonuses for saving money,i use to work in an office where the Dom was cheating the figures to achieve his bonus,so no nothing surprises me in Royal Mail,is it local level or national as our customers deserve to know who is ripping them off.