ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special deliveries 1pm

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
lin1

Special deliveries 1pm

Post by lin1 »

Am I right in thinking we cannot give special deliveries to neighbours if they are not in?

Woody Guthrie

Special deliveries 1pm

Post by Woody Guthrie »

lin1 wrote:Am I right in thinking we cannot give special deliveries to neighbours if they are not in?
Yes.
The PDA won't allow you to deliver to neighbour.
Only dead fish follow the current
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Special deliveries 1pm

Post by Lockardian »

Only a few days ago I was asked to take in a SD for my next door neighbour. He left her a card, and she came around to collect it. This will have just showed as “delivered” on the system, so I guess the postie would have been in trouble if there had been any issues!
yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

Lockardian wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 12:13
Only a few days ago I was asked to take in a SD for my next door neighbour. He left her a card, and she came around to collect it. This will have just showed as “delivered” on the system, so I guess the postie would have been in trouble if there had been any issues!
Strictly against the rules, but does the postie know you're a postie? Perhaps that was his misguided thinking
that it 'would be alright' as I gave it to a fellow postie......
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lockardian wrote:
As yellowbelly says - completely against the rules. Special Deliveries are not meant to be left with neighbours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by Lockardian »

yellowbelly wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 13:50
Lockardian wrote:
Strictly against the rules, but does the postie know you're a postie? Perhaps that was his misguided thinking
that it 'would be alright' as I gave it to a fellow postie......
I’m not a postie - I work in a mail centre (some miles away that doesn’t deal with my local DO), so I’d be very surprised if he knew this! There was no problem on this occasion, but it’s a bit worrying if this happens regularly in my area.