ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starters uniform allocation and timings : Update July 2021

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

New starters uniform allocation and timings : Update July 2021

Post by POSTMAN »

New Starters -

We’ve removed the uniform restrictions on new starters so that once they have received their pay number, they can log into Dimensions and will see the full wardrobe choice of all garments and be able to order their full allocation of uniform from the get go.

This means new starters will no longer have to rely on their line manager to contact Dimensions to have their job roles updated. Employees will be provided with an updated ‘New Entrant’ form which will help them to make the correct choices for the role they will be doing, and wearer packs should be available from the day they start. Not only is this a much improved experience for our new colleagues, but it reduces the admin work for managers involved in ordering new starter uniforms.

All frontline employees have access to the Dimensions portal so that they can order their own uniforms, available via this link (username will be the employees 8 digit pay number and password Delivery if they have not used the platform before)
Alternatively, the simplest way to access with seamless login is via the People App, available to download from Apple and Google Play App Stores.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=87159

Uniform Allocation

The uniform allocation will vary according to the job roles/type to be performed and is detailed in
the attached Appendix 1.

New starters have a basic uniform allocation of: 1 x pair of shoes, 2 x bottoms, S x top, 1
x fleece jacket and 1 x high-visibility waistcoat and where job role involves outdoor
working a new starter waterproof coat will be provided. New starters are entitled to
basic uniform from day one (provided they are going to work for the business for a term
of more than 13 weeks)

a New starters will receive information on how to order uniform in their welcome pack
and be advised to place their order. if employees have not done this before starting
work, line managers should help them to complete the initial order Via the helpline and
confirm to Royal Mail’s uniform provider they will be employed for more than 13 weeks

After 6 weeks, the new starter can order the full allocation of uniform (excluding the
waterproof coat, where a new starter coat has been provided) for their job role. For this
to happen line managers will need to contact Royal Mail’s uniform provider and let them
know that the new starter will be employed for more than 13 weeks (by email
royalmail@dimensions.co.uk)

Casual and temporary employees (up to 13 weeks) are provided with a high-visibility
waistcoat and safety footwear (where appropriate). They must dress in smart,
appropriate clothing.
POSTMAN wrote:https://www.cwu.org/news/union-achieves ... LsQgcLqsh8

“Just in time for the colder weather – and about time too,” was CWU outdoor secretary Mark Baulch’s reaction to the news that all new outdoor delivery recruits in Royal Mail will get their coats from Day One of their employment as part of their uniform allocation.

The union has been pushing hard for some time to achieve the Day One entitlement, with coats previously not being allocated for the first six weeks’ employment.

“We’ve felt for a long time that this is unfair,” said Mark, “and we’ve had Annual Conference policy on this matter as well.”

Motions from branches in 2016 (South Central Postal), 2017 (York & District) and 2018 (Portsmouth & District) have consistently brought up this shortfall in uniform allocation to new starters, Mark explained, adding that the outdoor department has been pursuing this matter equally consistently.

The agreement that has now been reached amends the Code Of Practice Between Royal Mail & The CWU On Dress Standards (Revised Uniform Agreement 2018), a change which Mark says is “long overdue and long-awaited.

Dave Joyce, the union’s national health and safety officer, has also been working hard to ensure all new recruits receive these coats and he said: “Getting new starters their appropriate cold and wet weather clothing before going out on delivery in severe inclement, wet and cold weather has always been an issue raised every winter by CWU branch area and unit reps – and not surprisingly, the recent weather which has seen very heavy rainfalls across the UK and falling temperatures has again triggered enquiries to the health, safety and environment department.

“I’m pleased that efforts have at last been rewarded and the decision has finally been taken to change business policy and that the standard weatherproof, storm-proof coat is now to be issued to all new recruits from day one as opposed to week six,” Dave Joyce added.

Looking more broadly, Mark Baulch describes this achievement on uniform as “a step forward in the way our new starters our treated and supported on delivery and builds further on other positive developments in new entrant training and support.”

The coat itself is materially in accordance with PPE standard, but the wearing of the coat is not subject to mandatory PPE regulation, Mark clarified, adding also his thanks to postal executive member Darren Glebocki for his “tireless efforts” in this matter.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Shandy123
PARCELFORCE

New starters uniform allocation and timings

Post by Shandy123 »

Hmm
Last edited by Shandy123 on 21 Jan 2021, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

New starters uniform allocation and timings

Post by POSTMAN »

Shandy123 wrote:That's what I was expecting, but then on day one my new manager have me a much bigger list to select from.
The proper stormproof jackets were there, bomber and long, but no trousers. I filled it in, we'll see what turns up, I suppose
Parcelforce may be different.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Union achieves coats for Royal Mail new recruits from Day One

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.cwu.org/news/union-achieves ... LsQgcLqsh8

“Just in time for the colder weather – and about time too,” was CWU outdoor secretary Mark Baulch’s reaction to the news that all new outdoor delivery recruits in Royal Mail will get their coats from Day One of their employment as part of their uniform allocation.

The union has been pushing hard for some time to achieve the Day One entitlement, with coats previously not being allocated for the first six weeks’ employment.

“We’ve felt for a long time that this is unfair,” said Mark, “and we’ve had Annual Conference policy on this matter as well.”

Motions from branches in 2016 (South Central Postal), 2017 (York & District) and 2018 (Portsmouth & District) have consistently brought up this shortfall in uniform allocation to new starters, Mark explained, adding that the outdoor department has been pursuing this matter equally consistently.

The agreement that has now been reached amends the Code Of Practice Between Royal Mail & The CWU On Dress Standards (Revised Uniform Agreement 2018), a change which Mark says is “long overdue and long-awaited.

Dave Joyce, the union’s national health and safety officer, has also been working hard to ensure all new recruits receive these coats and he said: “Getting new starters their appropriate cold and wet weather clothing before going out on delivery in severe inclement, wet and cold weather has always been an issue raised every winter by CWU branch area and unit reps – and not surprisingly, the recent weather which has seen very heavy rainfalls across the UK and falling temperatures has again triggered enquiries to the health, safety and environment department.

“I’m pleased that efforts have at last been rewarded and the decision has finally been taken to change business policy and that the standard weatherproof, storm-proof coat is now to be issued to all new recruits from day one as opposed to week six,” Dave Joyce added.

Looking more broadly, Mark Baulch describes this achievement on uniform as “a step forward in the way our new starters our treated and supported on delivery and builds further on other positive developments in new entrant training and support.”

The coat itself is materially in accordance with PPE standard, but the wearing of the coat is not subject to mandatory PPE regulation, Mark clarified, adding also his thanks to postal executive member Darren Glebocki for his “tireless efforts” in this matter.
I Wrote
My BFF Clash
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: New starters uniform allocation and timings : Update July 2021

Post by POSTMAN »

Bump, as it's changed, see the red text in 1st post.
I Wrote
My BFF Clash
Samjordan12

Post by Samjordan12 »

Hi i start next week, wil I be provided with a coat on day one? Or will have I have to buy a good waterproof coat to take with me?
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Samjordan12 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 11:33
Hi i start next week, wil I be provided with a coat on day one? Or will have I have to buy a good waterproof coat to take with me?
According to what I posted you 'should'.
But the chances are you wont.
Welcome to Royal Mail.
Good luck.
I Wrote
My BFF Clash
KernowDeth

Post by KernowDeth »

Samjordan12 wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 11:33

I started early december am still waiting for waterproof coat , got all my summer clothing though
Samjordan12

Post by Samjordan12 »

Thank you for your reply. Are you enjoying it? Am quite anxious about starting after reading some of comment on here.
saintwiz

Post by saintwiz »

I started 13 weeks ago. Got my hi viz last Thursday at last.

Too big. :crazy: