ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starters : What to wear on the job before you get any uniform!

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

New starters : What to wear on the job before you get any uniform!

Post by POSTMAN »

A few hints and tips gleaned from our members, will update as and when any help appreciated.
Usually you can order uniform after 3 months have passed.
fb1969 wrote:Loose fitting, comfortable clothes that are suitable for whatever the weather throws at you. Not jeans as they cling to you in the dry and hold water if (when) it rains.
Comfortable and supporting footwear that will hopefully last a fair time before the grip on the sole wears out.
Plenty of pockets. Several loose fitting layers for your top half are better than a couple of thick items - you can always take things off if you get too warm.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No uniform at Induction.

Casual but weather suitable clothes for delivery work, you'll be given a Hi-Vis jacket to identify you as a postie.

Recommended Clothing.

Waterproof jacket, trousers.
Waterproof shoes/trainers with decent ankle support (you'll be walking for 9 miles or more)
Light clothing on top but wear layers to warm up or cool down.
Cargo Trousers rather than jeans. (jeans are not flexible enough for delivery).
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.