ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
JPGlover

Royal Mail Interview

Post by JPGlover »

Hey I was just wondering I’ve recently had an interview for Royal Mail, I was recommended by a friend of mine who works at Royal Mail, When I handed the manager my photo copies he was signing them all is this a nornal thing ?

Iknockedtwice

Post by Iknockedtwice »

My timeline:
Application submitted 24/06/19
Interview 09/07 - successful interview but vacancy already filled so I was put on the waiting list.
Application submitted for a different DO 18/07
Phone call 30/7 offering me a position at the DO I was originally interviewed for - that one also fell through due to someone putting in a transfer request.
Phone call yesterday offering me the second position I applied for.
Provisional induction date 19/08.
Edit: Email today 02/08 - pre-employment checks completed and passed.
Wannabepostie84

Post by Wannabepostie84 »

I have recently applied for two postie roles in areas close to me, Cardiff and Aberdare, and both had mentioned that they were looking to hold interviews on the 23rd and 24th October. However, those dates have now passed and the status of both applications are still showing as Testing Complete. Should I assume that as the indicated dated for interviews have passed that I haven't been successful or that there have been delays?

I'd previously applied for another role but had been unsuccessful and that had been updated on my profile as well as receiving an email to advise of this.

I come from a very corporate background but am desperate for a change of career having spent too many years in the rat race and although it is very different I would love a job like this that is customer focused but also physically demanding so any advice as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
ryanlumley

Post by ryanlumley »

hello, so i entered an application, went to work, wasn't aware of the 24 hr period on completion as i had not actually revived the email, i worked dual 14 hr shifts this week and have been dealing with a medical emergency in the family (father inlaw was rushed for triple bypass) is there anyway to contact recruitment team ? i did fill out all forms ect but i was a day late (12 hrs )

any help would be appreciated
many thanks
Ryan
Stueg

Post by Stueg »

Had an interview on the 9th December and still haven’t heard anything back yet about whether I got the job or not.
Is this normal as I was told around 1 to 2 weeks.
Ali831

Post by Ali831 »

Stueg wrote:Had an interview on the 9th December and still haven’t heard anything back yet about whether I got the job or not.
Is this normal as I was told around 1 to 2 weeks.
Yes I waited longer then 2 weeks but then everything went quite quick. Was told I was successfull but would be put on a reserve list but few days later received a call with a start date.
Stueg

Post by Stueg »

Thanks for the response hopefully get to hear either way soon, it’s been 5 weeks since interview which I felt went quite well but time will tell, fingers crossed!
John8472

Re: Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Post by John8472 »

Can you be a self employed postman with Royal Mail
P13

Post by P13 »

John8472 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 12:15
No
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

P13 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 18:25
John8472 wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 12:15
No
But you can be a self-employed courier with Parcelforce which are part of Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
KernowDeth

Post by KernowDeth »

I am due to start tomorrow online induction thing but not heard anything no emails , my online status says pre employment checks

Hopefully something will drop in the morning
LilMae69

Post by LilMae69 »

My other half had an interview on December 17th which went really well. Lots of 'when you start...' 'would you be happy to do overtime..' etc. Since then he's heard nothing. No confirmation or rejection. He assumes it's going nowhere. I think Christmas and coviid have slowed things. Is it normal to wait this long? Is no news good news? Do they always respond?
Adison

Post by Adison »

Hello,

This is all very normal..

My experience was very similar, “when you start” etc and I left feeling that it had gone well. However, it was a day off three weeks when I got the call from HR to offer me the role. This was back in late summer/early autumn… so chuck Christmas into the mix, I would say it is definitely just standard RM processing times and backlog! It’s easier said than done but hold tight, I did have a mooch around on here and it does seem as though they do let you know either way.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

LilMae69 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:35
My other half had an interview on December 17th which went really well. Lots of 'when you start...' 'would you be happy to do overtime..' etc. Since then he's heard nothing. No confirmation or rejection. He assumes it's going nowhere. I think Christmas and coviid have slowed things. Is it normal to wait this long? Is no news good news? Do they always respond?
As the other poster says this is all quite normal and personally I find a bit unrespectful tbh. Ive applied 7 times and was rejected each time. The firts two I waited ages (months) before getting the thanks but you were unsuccesful email. The next four I each gave a week to 10 days and then followed it up with an email asking when a decison would be made. Most times the rejection came within 48hrs of chasing up. On my 7th application the only one i got an interview for I again heard nothing dspite like your other half having a very upbeat and positive interview.

On chasing it up i was told that i had "passed" but they woud not be hiring me on this occasion as there was another higher scoring candidate. They put me onto a 3 month waiting list and its been silence ever since!

Luckily I got on for xmas via the agency and am currently in limbo as technically I shouldnt be working due to the post xmas cull, but the workload is there so i turn up everyday and do anything and everything that im asked, even if it takes me to 10pm in the evening.

I wish your other half the best of luck and I hope it comes through, however Im tempted to say its unlikely that they have got the job.
LilMae69

Post by LilMae69 »

Cheers for the response. I find it amazing that businesses think it's okay to leave you in limbo for so long as if you have no other options. I'm having the same issue with a supermarket chain. I applied ages ago and they are still 'reviewing' my application, in the meantime, I have been offered 3 other jobs which I am currently deciding on. I'm hoping the supermarket comes back with an offer though so I can tell them to stuff it. I thought these companies were desperate for staff at the moment! I understand checks and backlogs but some still seem to cope.