ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Our recruitment process POSTMAN EDIT:Please note this is a rough guide.

Our recruitment process for delivery, processing and collections roles follows the anticipated
timeline of seven weeks. This is from date of your application to your start date in post.
Below is a summary of these timescales:

Week 1 – Online application

• You will be required to complete an online application, ensuring all questions are completed.
This should take no more than 15 minutes and will cover collection of your personal details.
• You will then be sent via email a request to complete online questionnaires. These should
take no more than 30 minutes to complete and will be used for shortlisting criteria. You must
complete the questionnaire within 24 hours. Technical support is available if required.

Week 2 & 3 – Selection

• Your online application will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If you are selected for interview you
will be automatically scheduled in the first available interview time slot, and an email will be sent to you to
advise. Please note this time slot is not able to be rescheduled.
• If you are not successful in being selected you will receive an email providing feedback.
[bg2ads][/bg2ads]
Week 3 & 4 – Interview

• The interview will typically be held at the site we are recruiting for or a location nearby.
• Before your interview you will receive an email asking you to prepare documents, which will be
collected on the day.
• At the interview you will be asked to provide examples of your previous experience.
Think through what relevant experience you can demonstrate to show your ability to carry out this role.
• There will be time at the end of the interview for you to ask questions about the role.
Think in advance what you would like to know in order to decide if it is for you.

Week 4 & 5 – Interview results

• Following all interviews, the hiring manager will evaluate and confirm their decision with our team.
• If you are successful, our team will send you an email advising you of next steps. You will also
progress to a security check, which will take up to 14 days.
• If you are unsuccessful you will also receive an email.

Week 6 & 7 – Offer

• Once your security clearance is received our team will contact you to agree a start date.
This will be confirmed via email and a copy of your contract will be posted to you before your
first day of employment.

Hint and tips

• You will need to review your emails regularly as you will be sent updates about your application.
• You can follow the progress by logging into your profile at any time. This can be accessed at
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

mradarley

Re: Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Post by mradarley »

Hello,

I hoped you might be able to help me. I received my conditional offer on the 6th August 'pending mandatory security checks' and haven't heard since I've even sent my photo to manager of post office and she hoped for me to start week commencing 24th !! I don't have an outlet to check progress except online it says SCP-EXT-REF and next to it dated 26th August. If you might be able to help I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Andrew,
mradarley

Post by mradarley »

Got my offer today. Start week on Wednesday. :Very Happy
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Congrats.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
otis_b_flywheel

Post by otis_b_flywheel »

On-line tests for postie job completed 6 August. Still sitting at "testing complete" today 10 September.
Any advice please?
Angie2509

Post by Angie2509 »

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I've had email for conditional offer of employment subject to pre employment checks over a week ago, which is what my application status says. I then got text message saying that I had passed security clearance but no email to confirm. Does this mean I have passed pre employment and to attend induction or wait for confirmation email?
Thanks
lozzac21

Post by lozzac21 »

i got a conditonal offer on the 24/07/15 sent in my photo still ahvent heard anything its now 14/09/15 !
Cant see there would be any probs with my checks.
emailed 8-9 times never get a reply.
Cant work it out.
Still says pre-employment checks on my candidate profile.
GillSK

Post by GillSK »

Help...

My son and I went for interviews the same day. We were both successful. My son has his induction on Monday, but my status has been stuck on 'In Progress' for weeks.
We were both offered a job subject to security checks etc
There is no reason I'd fail these checks.
I've tried emailing twice but get no reply.
Getting very down now as I was so excited to get the job.

Any advice? Or ideas?

Gill.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes don't give up. Royal Mail are currently recruiting for the Christmas period and that's going to slow everything down as they usually recruit 20,000 just for the 4 weeks leading in to the holiday period.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
bettyflo16

Post by bettyflo16 »

I received a post person conditional job offer on 24th August, subject to security checks which I am not worried about. Today is 16th September and my application is stuck In Progress. I haven't heard anything. I have emailed RM three times but got no reply. Yesterday I noticed they are advertising the same job again. I tried to apply for that one but the system didn't let me. I'm trying not to worry and other posts have helped to allay fears but still!
Is it time to look for another job?
Thanks
bettyflo16

Post by bettyflo16 »

taraameye wrote:I received a post person conditional job offer on 24th August, subject to security checks which I am not worried about. Today is 16th September and my application is stuck In Progress. I haven't heard anything. I have emailed RM three times but got no reply. Yesterday I noticed they are advertising the same job again. I tried to apply for that one but the system didn't let me. I'm trying not to worry and other posts have helped to allay fears but still!
Is it time to look for another job?
Thanks
I finally received a start date by email even though I was unsuccessful at first. I got a call out of the blue a month later offering me the job. Then it was a 6 week wait for the security checks! I've worked 3 days now: a bit achy but so pleased.
If you are still waiting for your offer don't despair. From what I see at my office they are always looking for staff.
:Very Happy
jzhowie

Post by jzhowie »

Hello,

I passed interview last week, however got an email to let me know I was unsuccessful as other candidates scored higher and that I am on the waiting list and to email in if I would like to be considered for other roles.

I spotted another role a couple of days later and sent an email with the details and asking to apply.

However I have received no response (I sent a second email 2 days ago) and can't see it in my job applications list on my online profile.

Is this normal or have I slipped through the cracks?
abzo

Post by abzo »

It took me about month with recruitment and my start date will be in two weeks time. Here is a short time line of what to realistically expect from Royal Mail recruitment:

30/06/16: Applied for postman/women with driving vacancy at my local DO and completed online assessments etc.
06/07/16: Received an email asking me to book my interview at local DO
12/07/16: Interview at DO
22/07/16: Received conditional offer of employment and filled out 5 year work history form so that they can begin pre employment checks
25/07/16: Received email asking me to send a pic of myself so they can make a photo id card
05/08/16: Received phone call from HR confirming i passed the checks and was sent an email with start date, induction etc.

So all this took me about a month and 1 week and judging by the timings given on here, it was quite rapid. And i would say this was due to me replying back to their emails asking for further info immediately as that speeds up their processing rather than having to await your reply. so all the best of luck to those joining Royal Mail, if you need any information regarding the interview stage then go ahead and send me a message. I myself will try and inform as many new starters and others thinking of joining Royal Mail of how my time at Royal Mail will be like from the first day of induction.
eneira

Post by eneira »

Hello,
I had Interview/assessment 15/07/16. But now going 7th week (2/09/16) and I didn't hear any answer good or bad.. :( it is normal? or forget about job? :(
thank you for answer ;)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thats unusual - I'd check back into your spam folder for any emails. Some ISP automatically mark Royal Mail email addresses as spam because of a recurring problem of hackers and spammers using fake @royal.mail addresses.

Beyond that, I would keep applying or try to contact the recruitment team.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."