ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail's recruitment process timings

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
eneira

Post by eneira »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Thats unusual - I'd check back into your spam folder for any emails. Some ISP automatically mark Royal Mail email addresses as spam because of a recurring problem of hackers and spammers using fake @royal.mail addresses.

Beyond that, I would keep applying or try to contact the recruitment team.
hello, thank you for the answer! ;) but i checked email every day since middle of July and in the Spam folder-no answer. :(
I apply for another position, but received answer "Thank you for applying for the role of 36742 - Postman/Postwoman with Driving - Mitcham PDO .
Unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful as you are already in the interview process."

maybe do you know a phone number where I can call?
Sorry English not my native language, but I try my best :)
Thank you!!!

Mevans32774

Post by Mevans32774 »

abzo wrote:It took me about month with recruitment and my start date will be in two weeks time. Here is a short time line of what to realistically expect from Royal Mail recruitment:

30/06/16: Applied for postman/women with driving vacancy at my local DO and completed online assessments etc.
06/07/16: Received an email asking me to book my interview at local DO
12/07/16: Interview at DO
22/07/16: Received conditional offer of employment and filled out 5 year work history form so that they can begin pre employment checks
25/07/16: Received email asking me to send a pic of myself so they can make a photo id card
05/08/16: Received phone call from HR confirming i passed the checks and was sent an email with start date, induction etc.

So all this took me about a month and 1 week and judging by the timings given on here, it was quite rapid. And i would say this was due to me replying back to their emails asking for further info immediately as that speeds up their processing rather than having to await your reply. so all the best of luck to those joining Royal Mail, if you need any information regarding the interview stage then go ahead and send me a message. I myself will try and inform as many new starters and others thinking of joining Royal Mail of how my time at Royal Mail will be like from the first day of induction.
eneira

Post by eneira »

Mevans32774 wrote:
abzo wrote:It took me about month with recruitment and my start date will be in two weeks time. Here is a short time line of what to realistically expect from Royal Mail recruitment:

30/06/16: Applied for postman/women with driving vacancy at my local DO and completed online assessments etc.
22/07/16: Received conditional offer of employment and filled out 5 year work history form so that they can begin pre employment checks
25/07/16: Received email asking me to send a pic of myself so they can make a photo id card
05/08/16: Received phone call from HR confirming i passed the checks and was sent an email with start date, induction etc.

So all this took me about a month and 1 week and judging by the timings given on here, it was quite rapid. And i would say this was due to me replying back to their emails asking for further info immediately as that speeds up their processing rather than having to await your reply. so all the best of luck to those joining Royal Mail, if you need any information regarding the interview stage then go ahead and send me a message. I myself will try and inform as many new starters and others thinking of joining Royal Mail of how my time at Royal Mail will be like from the first day of induction.
Hello, thank you!
Do you know the email address where I can contact?
mikeww

Post by mikeww »

Hi,

I apologise for asking a question I have seen posted several times but I have not been able find and answer.

My status is still showing 'testing complete' since 14th Oct - nearly 6 weeks. I've checked emails including spam folders everyday.

Does anyone know any way of contacting the recruitment team. The telephone numbers on their website don't include a jobs/careers option and all emails received during the application process are 'do not reply addresses.

Many thanks

Mike
Subtle81

Post by Subtle81 »

Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking to change career. I am fed up with the 8 hours behind a desk and really like the thought of working for Royal Mail as a delivery man. To be outside, to be part of the local community and to be doing something more meaningful than my most recent job (in my opinion at least).

I don't mind early starts, have no fitness problems which would prevent me carrying the load and walking the route, plus I attend the gym so have the capability to get fitter/stronger if necessary. Also, I can handle working in poor weather as long as I am wearing appropriate clothing.

My main problem is there are no delivery jobs advertised in Birmingham, let alone my local area of Birmingham.

I have created a profile and signed up for job alerts at http://www.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there anything else I can do to make my interest known, e.g. get on a waiting list? If so, who do I contact and how?

I have phoned customer services who gave me a phone number which no longer appears to be in use - 0870 609 0380.

I found another number on this forum which was an automated line but when I followed instructions for non-current employees it simply said go to the website - 0345 60 60 603.

I'd feel much happier if I could speak to an actual person to find out if at this stage I have done enough or if there are other steps I can take. I don't want to sit around wasting time if there is more I can do to ensure if/when the next vacancy comes up I know about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Not much you can do other than wait for the alert to come in, though keep checking anyway in case it doesn't work! Maybe see if your postie knows if anything is coming up, though normally we're the last to know. When I joined in 2012 the only person I spoke to between registering and the Induction Day was at the interview.

Before redundancy I did over 25 years in an office job and there is no way that I could go back to that now. If you can put up with the crap and stand up for yourself if need be, its a far better job than sitting on your backside all day. It would be more likely that only part time jobs will come up, overtime is usually available but wouldn't be guaranteed, so you may need to keep that in mind.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
skinnycat

Post by skinnycat »

Hi All,

I applied for a position last night and received an E-Mail around midnight asking me to do an online assessment. The E-mail stated that I had 24 hours to complete the assessment but as I was on the assessment site this morning (Around 11am) I received and another E-Mail telling me that I'm unsuccessful this time because I didn't do the assessment within the allotted time. I still had 13 hours with which to complete it so I'm a bit confused why i've been cut off like this.

I cannot find any contact details with which to query this either. Could anyone help me with contact information please ?
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

skinnycat wrote:Hi All,

I applied for a position last night and received an E-Mail around midnight asking me to do an online assessment. The E-mail stated that I had 24 hours to complete the assessment but as I was on the assessment site this morning (Around 11am) I received and another E-Mail telling me that I'm unsuccessful this time because I didn't do the assessment within the allotted time. I still had 13 hours with which to complete it so I'm a bit confused why i've been cut off like this.

I cannot find any contact details with which to query this either. Could anyone help me with contact information please ?
Try myapplication@royalmail.com
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
skinnycat

Post by skinnycat »

Thank you. I have sent an E-Mail and completed the assessment as well, just in case.

best regards
HTPostman

Post by HTPostman »

Thought I'd let you all know my timeline:

-I applied on 17th August
-Did the online tests on 17th August as well
-Received email to inform me I'd passed online test on 31st and offered a number of interview slots.
-Had my interview on 5th Sept.
-Received phone call provisionally offering me the job on 17th Sept providing I pass the security checks.
-Received email on 17th Sept to fill in for security clearance etc.

Hope that helps some of you still waiting to hear back.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

lin1

Post by lin1 »

Hi, I applied for post with driving 10 weeks ago but my profile is still on ‘testing complete ‘. Do you think I still have a chance? I have contacted HR and messaged on Facebook. I’ve just been told to wait, but surely I would have heard something by now if they are considering me?
lisag42

Post by lisag42 »

abzo wrote: 30/06/16: Applied for postman/women with driving vacancy at my local DO and completed online assessments etc.
Anyone know if the timescale similar if you are on a waiting list?
steph555

Post by steph555 »

I felt I must write on this forum, regarding the recruitment & selection process for Royal Mail, on behalf of my husband.

He has applied to the Portsmouth office on three occasions and requires extra time for the online assessment (indicated on his application) due to mild Dyslexia. Each time, he has had to chase the follow up email to give him this time. After applying again 2 weeks ago, he did not chase the email until a few days later and was advised he was now too late for the application!!
Surely this lack of follow up, by whoever deals with the recruiting, is disgraceful and almost discriminatory. If a person needs extra time, not identifying this, is poor practice. He has complained, but heard nothing back.

When my husband was successful previously and got an interview, the guy interviewing, asked him about the Dyslexia; invited him outside to read a number plate, then promptly told my husband ''that Dyslexia is the worst kind of disability to have, his wife told him and she's a nurse''?!

If anyone from HR is reading this, you really need to address the hiring process, particularly for those with a disability.

Thanks for reading
JD1197

Post by JD1197 »

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can help me.

I applied for the position as postman on the 4th, and on the 9th my online application status changed to interview/assesment but I have yet to recieve an email regarding an interview (15th).

Do you think I could have missed an email or is there the possibility an email just hasn't been sent out yet?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Both are possible RM recruiment operate at a glacial pace.

Also as scammers have used @royalmail email addresses sometimes ISPs identify them as spam or scam emails so check those folders as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."