ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weekend contract

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
dmc101084

Weekend contract

Post by dmc101084 »

Hi, is it true that you have to work saturday and Sunday everyweek now in the new contract offer

BenacreNick

Re: Weekend contract

Post by BenacreNick »

Hey d.m.c. most likely Sat/Sun will be included in your contract, but you would probably get a Mon/Tues off instead. But you need to check and confirm with your LM. :cuppa
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

I've noticed it's actually specified as so in some of the job adverts, even to the point of stating it's at a different delivery office on a Sunday so if that's the case in the advertised job when/if you apply then probably yes.

Having said that it won't always be the case, some of our new starters have ended up staying on vacant duties that no one wants and so slotted into whatever rotating day off came with the duty, as always with RM things differ from office to office.
dmc101084

Post by dmc101084 »

Thanks for the replies!!
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

One thing i have learnt in my years at Royal Mail is things change on a regular basis ,the Monday to Sunday contracts basically mean they can do what they want as long as they give you the hours specified in the contract ,dont always think you will work specific days basically sign the contract and you'll be at their beck and call its just how things work at Royal Mail ,if your fine with whatever day you work from week to week im sure you will get on fine if your a person who likes to plan days with family maybe its not the job for you.
Barnacle

Post by Barnacle »

I’m pretty sure my original contract mentioned Saturday working and for what seemed like forever I never had a Saturday off, but then the longer you stay this becomes more flexible and you end up on the day off rotation which includes a Saturday. So I think
the contract just needs to include it so that you can’t object to being asked to work it.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’