ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Surprised at the hiring process

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Dazza2000

Surprised at the hiring process

Post by Dazza2000 »

Hi guys,

So yesterday I applied for a postman with driving role, directly with RM part time permanent contract. Went through all the questions and then the assessments and strength tests, then a few hours later was out in the car and got a call from recruitment team we had a chat for about 10 minutes and afterwards offers me the job. At first almost thought it was a scam call or something until I got the email and the RM portal got updated.

Was surprised that there was formal interview as such, was told I’ll just need to bring the right to work documents to my DO for a manèger to get a copy of and then I’ll be given a start date.

Obviously I am well pleased I got the job, wasn’t expecting it all to happen so quick, is this the new way of recruitment in Royal Mail now as approsed to an old fashioned interview?

Many thanks!

HairyHobbit

Re: Surprised at the hiring process

Post by HairyHobbit »

Everyone is leaving and the new starter contracts are inferior (aka better for them) so there's an urgent recruitment drive at the moment
R5001

Post by R5001 »

The real "interview" will be your first 2 years of working, remember they can drop you anytime during that for any non-discriminatory reason.

But also what HariyHobbit said. The new contracts aren't as good, many are leaving or have left and they're desperate to fill roles.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Just reading an advert for a job at a local DO

"We may contact you within 24hrs of your application, and if successful you will be required to provide your Right to Work documents immediately, please have these prepared."

As the others say, RM are desperate for staff to try and plug a few gaps. The office I left a year ago reached over 20 vacancies before they advertised anything, they employed 3 people - 1 never turned up and 1 has done a couple of days in their first month.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
iko

Post by iko »

Same here but again I do understand why is that after reading the forums :cuppa
guardianangel

Post by guardianangel »

Dont get too excited all our new starters have left already,no doubt you will soon find out why.There are no formal interviews anymore because the job has been degraded so much they struggle to retain anyone.My advice would be dont walk too slowly passed a delivery office they will soon start to press gang people.
ted_e_bear

Post by ted_e_bear »

guardianangel wrote:
14 Aug 2023, 15:09
Dont get too excited all our new starters have left already,no doubt you will soon find out why.There are no formal interviews anymore because the job has been degraded so much they struggle to retain anyone.My advice would be dont walk too slowly passed a delivery office they will soon start to press gang people.
Yeah the daytime drinkers at our local 'spoons are looking worried when they come out for a smoke