ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Onboarders?

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Onboarders?

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

After 7 rejected applications, I managed to get an agency job as casual in November last year. Now after 20 weeks, im due to start on a permanent 18hr contract next week.

Ive not had any contact from HR since January and my last email message from HR, was that an Onboarder would contact me a week before starting? - i guess they are busy...

After 20 weeks in the job, other than employee number, ID card and uniform help is there much the onboarder can tell me/add? As a casual ive not done any driving assessment (yet drive drive around 600 miles a week on an LAT round). Similarly ive not sat any induction etc. - so just wondering?

I appreciate that the hourly rate will be a lot less than the agency rate of £12.61, but is it also the case that I need to work a full month before the weekly pay kicks in?

Obviously ill be turning up on Monday as usual but with only a few days to go and not hearing anything I thought Id just ask.

Thanks

fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: Onboarders?

Post by fb1969 »

You shouldn't be any different to any other new starter and should be paid at the end of your first week. The pay for your contracted hours Monday to Saturday should go into your bank on the Friday. Any overtime claimed is paid with the following week's pay.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.