ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driver training

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Adison

Driver training

Post by Adison »

Advice please.

Can anybody tell me what the van driver training entails? My appt is booked for 4 hours for next week and I don’t know what to expect and feel quite anxious about the whole thing!

F33N7

Re: Driver training

Post by F33N7 »

Watch a PowerPoint presentation and trainer usually asks a few things during it and with the van as well before setting out to drive. That’s how it went for me think mines lasted less than 4 hours as well, but yeah after that was just driving around in the van with them and they were just making sure I could drive really, watching my speed, checking mirrors signalling etc.

May be different for everyone else who done it but that was my experience.
Sundodger

Post by Sundodger »

Adison wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 16:03
Advice please.

Can anybody tell me what the van driver training entails? My appt is booked for 4 hours for next week and I don’t know what to expect and feel quite anxious about the whole thing!
It is nothing to worry about, you will be asked questions about your driving history, then watch a video of hazards which you will be asked to point out and the discuss This will be followed by driving a van around (don't forget your van checks), for about 2 hours where your driving will be observed, during which you will be asked to carry out various manoeuvres (parking, reversing etc) in different situations and more discussion on what you are observing around you. Basically if you can drive, observe the speed limits and drive safe, you will sail through, just don't drive like Max Verstappen
Everything will be OK in the end, If it's not OK, then its not the end.
Adison

Post by Adison »

Thank you both for your replies - it was a long time ago when I took my driving test! I just thought I’d feel better if I knew what to expect.