ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"On Boarders"

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Bainesy

"On Boarders"

Post by Bainesy »

Why oh why oh why do they take so long to reply to any form of email :arrrghhh

Haven't had an email from them since the 6th of December, I have no idea what's happening in terms of getting uniform before I start. If that's not possible what am I supposed to be wearing in the mean time :crazy:

scootscoot

Re: "On Boarders"

Post by scootscoot »

Uniform is usually given out in drips and drabs, it could take a few weeks until you get anything.
Bainesy

Post by Bainesy »

Ah ok no worries, just wanted to know one way or the other so I could prepare something else to wear in the meantime lol
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bainesy wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 10:17
Ah ok no worries, just wanted to know one way or the other so I could prepare something else to wear in the meantime lol
check out the advice to new posties thread but in essence, you can wear anything that is not too garish. You will be given a hi-viz vest to identify you as a postie. Don't wear jeans though, that's not a rule just advice from an old sweat.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Bainesy

Post by Bainesy »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 10:47
Bainesy wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 10:17
check out the advice to new posties thread but in essence, you can wear anything that is not too garish. You will be given a hi-viz vest to identify you as a postie. Don't wear jeans though, that's not a rule just advice from an old sweat.

I shall bare that in mind thank you :Very Happy
Kerbearscare

Post by Kerbearscare »

I've been in job 2 month.

I've had 2 tees. One pair of trousers. A high viz coat. nowt else
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

New starters uniform allocation and timings : Update July 2021

Any probs contact the new people person job's for the girls job gal...

zareena.brown@royalmail.com
Frontline recruitment is about to get simpler

PS: It's a crock of s**t, but you'll get used to that.
PPS: New starters if you haven't already, please post in this thread...
What type of contract and contract hours have you been offered?
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.