ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RESIGNATION. In the job 2 months - want out

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Kerbearscare

RESIGNATION. In the job 2 months - want out

Post by Kerbearscare »

So, as it says above. I have been in the job 2 months and I have had enough of being treated like a work horse by my manager.

I had no help at the start and my induction wasn't done until a month ago,and I haven't been given my contract so I have no idea what the notice period is.

How much notice do us newbies have to give if we want to leave? Tar. :hmmmm

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: RESIGNATION. In the job 2 months - want out

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

A month I believe.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Pretty sure it has been one month's notice for anyone starting since April 2017. Whether it is worth them holding you to that if you don't want to be there is another matter!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
TopperGas

Post by TopperGas »

Kerbearscare wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 12:34
So, as it says above. I have been in the job 2 months and I have had enough of being treated like a work horse by my manager.

I had no help at the start and my induction wasn't done until a month ago,and I haven't been given my contract so I have no idea what the notice period is.

How much notice do us newbies have to give if we want to leave? Tar. :hmmmm
If you haven't even got a contract then I doubt you can be held to any notice period? Although isn't every postie now treated like a work horse anyway?
angelo98

Post by angelo98 »

''If you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four week’s notice if weekly paid or one month’s notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice either in whole or in part.'' This is what is written in my contract.