ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Slow slow

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Db2012

Slow slow

Post by Db2012 »

Well I’ve been in the job about 5 weeks and worried that I’m still slow. I’m late back basically every day which I don’t mind but I think some people are getting annoyed as some snide comments have started coming my way. I’m trying my best and basically going 11hrs a day with out taking a break (my choice or I would be out longer). I know I started at the wrong time with Xmas but the that doesn’t bother me as I’m happy to take everything and deliver it.I just don’t want people thinking I’m taking the piss.

TopperGas

Re: Slow slow

Post by TopperGas »

11 hours without a break! How many houses are you delivering to? How many full Yorks do you have on a typical day assuming that your using a van rather than just an HTC?

Where are you spending most your time, prepping or delivering?
Db2012

Post by Db2012 »

I’m not sure really but it’s a mixture of rural and some estates
Foxel

Post by Foxel »

Are you going out by yourself or as a pair? What time do you start? Sounds like the usual manager taking advantage of a new starter. Giving you way too much because you'll do it without putting up a fight.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

Try not to let the comments of others get to you.

There are some good people out there, but RM is also infested by those you would rather take the piss out of someone than help them. It won't be anything personal against you, you're just the latest person they can pick on to hide their own failings as human beings.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Adison

Post by Adison »

Hey,

I hope you’re well?

I just wanted to jump in and say that I’m glad you’re enjoying it.. although I feel that 11 hours is a hell of a long day if you’re out on delivery for the most part, and not taking a break? Even if you think there’s no time - your body needs to refuel. As a new starter we are all super eager to please but I still think there’s a line that needs to be drawn though and realistically how long can this be sustained?

Are you able to get any support with your round, maybe with the parcels so at least then you can get a hold of your bearings in the meantime?