ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How does pay work

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
Kerbearscare

How does pay work

Post by Kerbearscare »

Hey guys, I have been in the business since the end of October and the pay confuses me.

What day bracket do we get paid (eg, mon to sun / fri to thur)
And how is overtime calculated/is that paid a week in hand?

I'm not sure I have been paid correctly and trying to figure it out is hurting my head :shock:

Sir Henry

Re: How does pay work

Post by Sir Henry »

Overtime is paid as you say, a week later.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
F33N7

Post by F33N7 »

So for example;
if I am working 6 days this week and at full time hours this will be paid next week and not this Friday? Is that true?
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by fb1969 »

This Friday you should be paid for your contracted hours worked this week - if your contract has been changed temporarily for the Christmas pressure period, the payment should include that number of hours. You will also get overtime from last week (w/c 29 Nov). Any hours worked this week over your contracted hours should be claimed as overtime and will be paid on Fri 17 Dec.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.